Save the Children South Africa
|Job Title:||Education Programme Manager|
|Grade:||SCSA 3 (566)|
|Reports to:||Programme Director|
|Child Protection Level:||2|
|Travel Requirements:||2 days/week|
|Budget Responsibilities:||To be determined (in excess of R2 million)|
|Asset Responsibilities:||Use of assets in own work|
|External Representation||Regular varied influencing|
The Education Programme Manager will provide overall responsibility, technical guidance and leadership for the development and implementation of SCSA’s Education Programme. In accordance with SCSA’s Vision 2020, the Education Programme Manager will select and lead a team to design a programme that aims to deliver on the strategic goal of the programme and the goals of each of the subthemes within the programme. Technical advice provided will include strategic and operational planning and implementation, input into monitoring and evaluation, managing programme quality, financial and narrative reporting and liaison with relevant stakeholders and community mobilisation. The Education Programme Manager will provide the Provincial Managers support in the development of relevant Education projects for the provinces that contribute to the achievement of the goals of each of the subthemes within the Education programme.
The performance of the Education Programme Manager will be evaluated on the quality of all SCSA’s Education projects and will assume responsibility of the growth of the programme on an annual basis.
- Develop and maintain annual operational plans for the Education Programme;
- Develop a six year Education Programme for SCSA and SCSA’s strategic approach to Education;
- Provide technical support to the Provincial Managers, project managers, field teams, stakeholders and other Education staff on matters which may include inter alia, the facilitation of learning events, the development of technical materials, discussions, workshops, demonstrations and joint visits;
- Monitor trends, innovations and best practise in the Education field from South Africa and elsewhere and incorporate where appropriate;
- In collaboration with the Research Manager, produce and coordinate Education related research publications, position papers and opinion pieces in support of SCSA’s reputational ambitions;
- Provide a regular analysis on the Education sector for SMT;
- Assume responsibility in the development of concept notes and donor proposals in Education field, and actively participate in the development of concept notes and donor proposals for other Programmes and projects where Education activities are included;
- Represent SCSA at relevant meetings in the technical field including with partner agencies / NGOs/government agencies in South Africa and elsewhere;
- Establish and deepen new and existing collaborative relationships with government stakeholders at local, provincial and national levels;
- Support integration of Education components into other programmatic areas and vice-versa;
- In collaboration with the communications unit, prepare documentation, media and other reports on SCSA’s education work;
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation process design, implementation, analysis and associated development of recommendation to enhance programme quality;
- Produce internal and external narrative and financial (including donor) reports and reviews as required;
- Other similar duties as the supervisor may require.
- Master’s degree in Education or related qualification.
- Extensive experience in project and Programme Management.
- Qualification in project and Programme Management.
- An in-depth understanding of the Education Sector in South Africa.
- 5 years working experience in the Education Sector, with an emphasis on foundation phase and the inequalities within the South African education system.
- Knowledge of the children’s sector in South Africa is desirable.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural, field environment with stakeholders ranging from children and young people, to parents, SGBs, government agencies and the wider community.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Competence in MS Office and basic Excel.
- Experience in advising senior management on programme matters.
- Highly developed communication skills both written and verbal English is essential.
Interested candidates to send CV to email@example.com and the closing date for the ad is May 20, 2016.