Save the Children South Africa
|Job Title:||Chief Finance Officer Director|
|Location:||Based in Pretoria, with 30% travel to field sites in South Africa. Occasional international travel required|
|Direct reports:||Finance Team:|
|Budget responsibility:||R? to R? million|
|Child Protection Level:||3|
To ensure excellent financial management in SCSA, supporting and driving the organisation to achieve its Vision 2020 and maximise its impact for children. To ensure effective resource planning, high-quality and timely management information, and strong financial control. To provide efficient and customer-focused finance services to SCSA, and to be an effective business partner to the programming and resource mobilisation teams. To support the SCSA Board in managing the financial health of SCSA.
As a member of the core Senior Management Team, to ensure effective delivery of SCSA strategy, and to provide inspiring and motivating leadership to the organisation.
- Management of the finance team
- Participation in the Senior Management Team
- Preparation of Annual Budget, report regularly on progress, and propose in-year revisions as necessary.
- Management of operating result, working capital, liquidity, and reserves.
- Preparation of Annual Financial Statements
- Management of the External audit process and liaison with the External Auditors
- Preparation of the Financial Reports for Board Meetings and presentation thereof at Board Meetings
- Preparation of Monthly Financial Reports for the Senior Management Team meetings. Development of financial reporting to provide clear understanding of performance, emerging issues and opportunities.
- Preparation of Project Report Summary
- Review of individual Project reports before submission to Donors/Grantors
- Cash Flow Management and Forecasting
- Authorisation of financial transactions
- Management of the organisation’s statutory obligations with SARS
- Management of all audit requirements relating to grants/donors
- Review of monthly payroll
- Provision of business partner support to programmes and resource mobilisation teams to help them make effective resource choices, drive value for money, and manage their budgets well.
- Lead and motivate the team of finance staff to achieve high performance in their respective roles. This shall include leading on recruitments, inductions, objective setting, regular supervision and feedback sessions, mid term and annual performance reviews.
- Strengthen the culture of professional excellence and continuous improvement in the finance team. Oversee and coordinate the development, review, dissemination and implementation of technical & implementation policies and guidelines for effective finance management, including training of finance staff in various technical areas.
- Develop the financial skills and understanding of colleagues outside the finance team, and ensure commitment across SCSA to delivering value for money.
- Lead in the development of annual plans, aligned with the organisational goals and global Save the Children plans and strategies.
- Actively participate in Senior Management Meetings effectively contributing to timely and quality strategic decisions for SCSA.
- Comply with and promote all Save the Children policies e.g. Child Safeguarding, Whistle blowing, Fraud, Health and Safety and other relevant policies.
- When required, act as CEO.
- Represent SCSA on various global working groups within SCI as directed by CEO.
- Any other task required of this key strategic position within SCSA.
- A qualified accountant, with experience in planning and budgeting, and in preparation of statutory and management accounts.
- Uncompromising in the operation of financial controls.
- Ability to identify financial issues as they arise, assess their likely impact, and develop appropriate responses.
- Good understanding of South African policies and legislation related to the Management of Finances
- Superior strategy and report writing skills.
- Excellent planning and coordination skills.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Ability to lead and motivate a team of highly qualified and diverse staff.
- Previous team leadership experience
- Experience in leading finance improvement programmes
- Experience in system accounting, and current knowledge of finance systems
Interested candidates to send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and the closing date for the ad is May 20, 2016.