Administrative Assistance – Project Operations
|WORK LOCATION:||Pretoria, South Africa|
|LEVEL OF EFFORT:||Full time (40 hours/week)|
GENERAL OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
The job description for the a Administrative Assistant - Project Operations will be implemented by the employee, under the supervision of the Finance Director and is expected to carry out all work according to compliance requirements, policies and instructions of USAID, the SALED Program and Chemonics International Inc. The Administrative Assistant will provide ongoing support to effectively arrange workshops, transportation and accommodation for SALED staff and consultants where needed.
- Responsible for the procurement of goods and services related to office premise, with the necessary approval from the Finance Director.
- Manage relationships with local service providers and vendors ensuring that commodities and services are procured and rendered in accordance with contracts, USAID and Chemonics regulations.
- Liaise with primary services providers to maintain positive working relationships. This includes but is not limited to office landlord, IT support, office equipment vendors, stationary suppliers, taxi services, hotels and etc.
- Arrange travel and hotel accommodations for all project-related interventions.
- Organize business cards and allocation of cellular phones where needed.
- Home Office employees orientation in terms of Health and Safety aspects.
- Organize workshops and project functions by securing venues, ordering lunch and teas, draft and send invitations and agendas, the attendance register and information packets when requested.
- Maintain files related to logistics and office premises.
- Ensure that all correspondence and documents are properly copied and filed in accordance with filing system for his/her area of responsibility.
- Ensure that the emergency action plan for the office is updated at least quarterly but also as and when new employees join SALED. Test phone tree quarterly.
- Identify possible Health and Safety risk proactively and ensure that the necessary controls are in place as a preventative measurement.
- Implement controls related to finance files and ensure that at least quarterly audits are being done to ensure compliance.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise at all levels.
- Excellent analytical ability and attention to detail.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to handle conflict
- Strong interpersonal skills (ability to initiate and build sound relationships at all levels)
- Strong motivational skills especially when faced with resistance
- Ability to make recommendation where needed and have a proactive approach.
- Totally self-reliant and disciplined follow through on assigned duties no supervision needed.
- Analytical skills, attention to details, deadline driven and follow through on assigned duties are required.
- Strong interpersonal skills, strong professional ethics, professional presentation.
- Must be self-motivated, innovative and able to work under time tight constraints.
- Diplomatic and handling people with respect and dignity
- Deadline driven
- Unquestionable Ethics
Skill Requirements – Qualifications:
- Minimum Grade 12 Certificate
- Tertiary Qualifications in Office Administration
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in office administration
- Requires excellent computer skills (MS Excel, MS Word, Power Point and Outlook).
- Experience in working in a multi-cultural team.
- 2 years’ experience with foreign or international organizations, preferred
Please send electronic submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org by 27 May 2016 and use “Project Operations” as subject.