The Mandela Rhodes Foundation
The central purpose of The Mandela Rhodes Foundation is to build exceptional leadership capacity in Africa (while also seeking to foster better reconciliation and entrepreneurship) through its various programmes and, to this end, aims to be the leading protagonist in Africa for such endeavours.
The Mandela Rhodes Scholarships Programme is a combination of financial support for postgraduate studies and a high quality leadership development programme, with the intention to build exceptional leadership capacity in Africa.
- The Scholarship is open to citizens of all African countries;
- The Scholarship is for postgraduate study at South African universities or tertiary institutions;
- Full funding is for Honours (maximum one year) or Masters (up to a maximum of two years) or their equivalents (MBA’s excluded);
- Any individual who will be between the ages of 19 and 30 years at the time of taking up the Scholarship may apply;
- Applicants must possess a first degree or its equivalent or must be in the process of completing one by 31 January 2017;
- Applicants should have a history of well above average academic results;
- Individuals that reflect in their character a commitment to the four principles of Education, Reconciliation, Leadership and Entrepreneurship; and
- The MRF leadership development activities sometimes include weekends. It is a condition of the Scholarship that attendance is compulsory.
Note: If you qualify for the Scholarship, The Mandela Rhodes Foundation does not apply to tertiary institutions on your behalf. Applicants must apply separately to their chosen tertiary institution for the degree they wish to undertake. The Scholarship award is conditional on the applicant being offered a place at the relevant institution.
To apply, refer to http://mandelarhodes.org/the-scholarship/apply.
For more information, refer to http://mandelarhodes.org/the-scholarship.
For more about the Mandela Rhodes Foundation, refer to http://mandelarhodes.org.
To view other opportunities, refer to www.ngopulse.org/group/home-page/other-opportunities.