Institute for Justice and Reconciliation
The vision of the Institute for Justice and Reconciliation (IJR) is to contribute to building fair, democratic and inclusive societies in Africa. As a think tank with roots in applied research, as well as grassroots communities, the IJR has earned a reputation for innovative data analysis, bold policy suggestions and in-depth grassroots reconciliation work. The IJR makes a unique contribution to issues of political and economic transition by drawing on its historic links to the South African transition, as well as on quantitative and qualitative data generated through its ongoing work.
IJR seeks to appoint a Communications Assistant, based in Cape Town.
The successful candidate will assist with administrative and operational tasks linked to communication.
- Draft IJR’s organisational newsletters for 2016
- Update Communication M&E data
- Assist with events communication IJR and Afro barometer
- Assist with marketing and branding
- Assist with the development of online campaigns/messages geared towards fundraising
- Conduct fundraising research
- Conduct media monitoring, media tracking and produce media clippings
- Conduct media research and analysis of Google analytics statistics
- Assist with website and social media updates
- Copy-editing of reports, documents, articles, publications
- Attendance of Monday morning’s IJR Press club meetings
- Develop and plan content for various communication products
- Assist with designing digital communication material such as invitations, posters etc.
- One year’s experience working in the marketing and/or communications field
- Diploma, BA in marketing/communications/journalism
- Good writing skills in English and preferably another South African language
- Decision-making and problem solving skills
- Good understanding of social media (Twitter and Facebook)
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with strong computer skills
- Interest, knowledge and experience in the field of work of the Institute for Justice and Reconciliation
- Experience with media outputs such as opinion pieces, press releases
- Creative and pro-active
- Responsible and accountable
- Dynamic and flexible
- Organisational and time-management skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Willingness to learn new things
- Ability to work independently
- Graphic design/ Photoshop skills (Desirable)
To apply, submit a CV clearly stating past experiences, three contactable references, Motivational letter and one published written piece – not an academic article to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the Institute for Justice and Reconciliation, refer to www.ijr.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ngopulse.