Regional Coordinators and Programme Manager
|Start Date:||Between the end of May 2016 and the beginning of the June 2016|
|Closing Date for Applications:||2 May 2016|
Catalyx Foundation is a project management and consulting organisation that is the implementing partner for the MR P Foundation’s flagship JumpStart project.
JumpStart is a national project with two key objectives:
- Empower youth to be employable
- Provide high quality entry level candidates for employers
The approach to achieving these objectives includes:
- Life Skills/job readiness training (through 30+ training partners nationally)
- Selection of appropriate candidates for relevant opportunities
- Work experience or technical training/learnerships (with partner employers)
- Employer assessment of candidate
- Employment of suitable candidates
- Monitoring and tracking of candidates
JumpStart is supported by the Jobs Fund.
The focus currently is on the retail and manufacturing sectors. Currently, participating employers are national retailers Mr Price, SPAR and Smollan, and 5 CMT manufacturers in KwaZulu Natal. New employer partners are continually being added.
JumpStart is building a team of regional coordinators, with 1 per participating province (Gauteng, Western Cape – Cape Town, KwaZulu Natal – Durban, Eastern Cape – Port Elizabeth and East London).
A programme manager will be hired to manage this whole team, to be based in Nelspruit.
The main functions of the regional coordinators will be:
Liaison with training partners/candidates
- Workshops for candidates on specific employment opportunities (e.g. merchandising training for Smollan candidates).
- Interviews with candidates to assess suitability for employment and to link them to appropriate employment opportunities.
- Follow up with candidates regarding progress prior to and during employment (with assistance from M&E team at Catalyx head office).
- Deal with training partners queries and issues
- Hosting regular meetings of training partners
Liaison with employer partners
- Identifying labour demand in each store/branch/area
- Identifying and resolving challenges between employers and candidates
- Following up if feedback on work experience and employment is not sent timeously (feedback tracked at head office)
- Hosting of regular meetings with employer partners (sometimes with training partners)
- Following up with employed candidates outside of employer partners to collect required evidence (at times requiring going to workplaces to get signatures). This can also lead to engagements with employers about further participation in programme.
Communication with head office
- Education: Matric - Grade 12, but preferably relevant degree/diploma
- Significant experience in same or related field
- Driver’s license and own vehicle to be used for travelling (will be reimbursed for travel)
- Ability and self-discipline to work independently
- Good Communication Skills - effective verbal and written communication ability;
The salary is negotiable
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to Liesa Rollin at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 086 545 3051.
For queries, contact Liesa Rollin at 0861 888 985 or 061 765 11 22
Please mention where you saw or how you received this advertisement.
If you haven’t heard from the Catalyx Foundation before the 5th of May, consider your application as unsuccessful.
For more about Catalyx Consulting, refer to www.catalyx.biz . For more about the MR P Foundation, refer to www.mrpfoundation.org