Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a registered nonprofit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa. The DTHF’s mission is to lessen the impact of HIV epidemic on individuals, families and communities through innovation and our passion for humanity.
The DTHF seeks to appoint a Recruiter, based in the Western Cape.
This is a one-year contract position based at Groote Schuur’s Clinical Trials Unit (Observatory).
- Grade 12 certificate;
- Knowledge and experience with community outreach ; counselling training would be advantageous;
- HIV knowledge;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Writing and oral communication skills in English and isiXhosa;
- Must be dynamic, innovative and self-motivated;
- Knowledge of the geographical area of Gugulethu and the surrounding areas;
- Planning and organising skills;
- Problem solving skills; and
- Established relationships within the community.
- Identify and recruit participants from local clinics and communities for clinical trials;
- Provide participants with information regarding the clinical trials;
- Provide feedback on recruitment on a weekly basis; and
- Conduct counselling and administrative tasks in the clinical trials unit when needed.
To apply, submit CV, motivation letter with certified copy of highest qualification(s) and details of three current contactable referees to the HR Manager at Jobs@hiv-research.org.za.
Quote the job reference number: #DTHFC005
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The DTHF is committed to equity in its employment practices. It is its intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting its equity objectives.
The DTHF has the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
If you are a foreign national applying for this position please attach a copy of your work permit to your application.
If you have not heard from the DTHF within two weeks after the closing date, consider your application as unsuccessful.
For more information about the Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation, refer to www.desmondtutuhivfoundation.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at www.twitter.com/SANGONeT.