Communicare is the largest provider of affordable social housing in Cape Town offering 3 375 affordable residential rental units. The organisation adopted a new strategy which includes using a community development approach to implement an intervention to promote the economic mobility of its younger tenants. At the same time still provide social support to its elderly tenants.
Communicare seeks to appoint a Community Development Officer, based in Cape Town.
- Coordinate and implement the foundation’s core programmes;
- Promote the foundation’s economic mobility programme in the tenant base;
- Coordinate the activities of the foundation in close collaboration with key partners in the programme;
- Identify, recommend and implement interventions with pre-determined objectives among participating tenants;
- Conduct assessments, counselling and mediation in selected tenant related matters;
- Conduct needs assessments;
- Compile community profiles and map areas for new developments;
- Participate in tenant committee meetings; and
- Network with other stakeholders to advance the foundation’s aims i.e. to lobby for increased resources.
- A relevant tertiary qualification in for example, sociology, social development, community development, social science, education or adult education;
- Three years’ experience in implementing community development programmes;
- Experience in training and/or group facilitation;
- A valid code 8 driver’s license;
- Verbal communication in at least two of either English, Afrikaans or isiXhosa;
- English written communication;
- Interpersonal skills to work effectively with a diverse, socially vulnerable population;
- Ability to function independently;
- Ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team;
- Planning and organisational skills;
- Report writing skills;
- Ability to work under pressure; and
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
To apply, submit a CV to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Communicare, refer to www.communicare.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.