Southern Africa Litigation Centre
The Southern Africa Litigation Centre (SALC) is a regional non-governmental human rights organisation based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
SALC is calling for expressions of interest from senior consultants for the following home-based consultancy assignments:
- Research and development of a plain language training tool on the use of complaints mechanisms to improve institutional accountability in health care services in Africa, focusing on access to justice for key populations and vulnerable persons. Consultancy period: April - end May 2016.
- Research and development of a plain language publication which summarises key laws and policies relating to gender identity and sexual orientation in Southern Africa. Consultancy period: April - end May 2016.
- Attend a regional training of lawyers in Johannesburg on removing legal barriers to healthcare and produce a detailed meeting report for publication. Consultancy period: July 2016.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree at a recognised higher education institute in the field of law. Additional qualifications in healthcare, public health, social sciences, or humanities is an advantage.
- Considerable legal research and qualitative research experience with examples of similar assignments.
- A proven track record of professionalism and ethical conduct.
- Experience with similar assignments in the field of human rights, HIV/AIDS and key populations.
- Up-to-date knowledge and experience of legal developments and country contexts in the region.
SALC will favour in its selection of a consultant members of key populations, women and people living with HIV.
Qualified candidates should send a letter of interest noting which of the above assignments you would be interested in and where you qualify, as well as a detailed CV and two examples of previous writing and research, to Pamela Timburwa at firstname.lastname@example.org by 7 April 2016. Kindly insert ‘Application: Health Rights Consultant’ in the subject line of you email.
For more about the Southern Africa Litigation Centre, refer to www.salc.org.za.
To view other opportunities, refer to www.ngopulse.org/group/home-page/other-opportunities.