Networking HIV/AIDS Community of South Africa
Networking HIV/AIDS Community of South Africa (NACOSA), is a dynamic non-governmental organisation (NGO) in the HIV/AIDS field.
NACOSA seeks to recruit a Programme Specialist for its Sex Worker Programme, based in its Cape Town or Pretoria office.
- Provide specialist technical support to programmes related to NACOSA’s national Sex Worker Programme;
- Ensure that the implementation of the programme based on NACOSA’s programme description and methodology and South Africa’s national sex worker strategy;
- Coordinate the implementation of the sex worker programme, ensuring that sub-recipients of grants and service providers are supported to implement a high quality programme;
- Keep abreast of relevant trends and statistics within the HIV/AIDS and Sex Work sector through literature study, networking and regularly updating the organisational programme description, compiling policy statements;
- Emphasising quality service delivery within the programme through providing in-depth programmatic guidance and leadership to implementing partners; and
- Act as a thought leader in the development and evaluation of sex worker programmes in South Africa
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Social Science/Public Health or related discipline. Masters degree will be an added advantage;
- Minimum of five years specific HIV prevention related work experience in the health and social development sectors, and preferably in the field of key populations at risk for HIV;
- Experience in programme planning, implementation, management and M&E, including management of outsourced partners;
- Knowledge about HIV prevention, sexual and reproductive health, HIV Testing Services, economic strengthening as well as about evidence-informed and rights-based programming to address these at various levels;
- Knowledge of the National Strategic Plan for HIV, STIs and TB (2012-2016) and experience in the provision of HIV and AIDS services and programmes;
- Writing skills and ability to compile insightful and user-friendly reports;
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet and E-mail.);
- Understanding of the NGO sector and knowledge of big donor processes and requirements will be a benefit;
- A valid driver’s license;
- Willingness to travel extensively;
- Ability to advise field staff and mentor sub-recipients and service providers on the programme;
- Communication skills: read, write, and speak in two official South African languages, of which one must be English;
- Must be self-motivated, deadline driven, analytically minded and have excellent references. Ability to work under stress;
- Proven ability to work as a team member with multidisciplinary team;
- Must be an advocate for human rights with networking and liaison skills and experience in advocacy and lobbying for health rights.
To apply, download the application form.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Remuneration is negotiable and commensurate with experience.
Questions and completed forms to Hayley Williams, Tel: 021 552 0804 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NACOSA reserves the right not to make any appointment in this position.
For more about the Networking HIV/AIDS Community of South Africa, refer to www.nacosa.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.