I-TECH South Africa
The International Training and Education Center for Health (I-TECH) is a United States of America federally-funded project which supports the development of HIV/AIDS care and treatment training initiatives in more than twenty developing countries acutely impacted by the global AIDS epidemic. I-TECH is a center in the University of Washington’s Department of Global Health. Its office is headquartered in Seattle, Washington and currently supports ten international offices, including one in Pretoria, South Africa. I-TECH South Africa’s goal is to improve the effectiveness, efficiency, and sustainability of South Africa’s national HIV, sexually transmitted infections and tuberculosis response.
I-TECH South Africa is currently calling for Expressions of Interest from consultants for its 2016-2017 roster. We are updating our consultant database and are seeking consultants who wish to be considered for potential consultancy assignments in South Africa.
Consultants must have expertise and competencies in one or more of the following areas:
- TB and HIV/TB care and prevention programme management with emphasis on health systems strengthening and institutional capacity development
- Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) and Health Information Systems (HIS) development
- Training Development (Curriculum Development and/or Instructional Design)
- Qualitative and/or Quantitative programme evaluation (operational research) with emphasis on Healthcare Worker (HCW) training programmes, capacity development, health systems strengthening
- Programme Strategy Development with emphasis on experience supporting UNAIDS 90/90/90 strategy and South Africa Primary Healthcare Re-engineering initiatives including Ideal Clinic Realisation and Maintenance and Integrated Health Services
- Mental health services integrated into HIV care
- Community and facility-based training and/or clinical mentoring with emphasis on Community Healthcare Workers
- Programme Strategy Development with emphasis on transitioning programmes to local RSA ownership through technical assistance
- Technical assistance with strengthening quality laboratory systems and services for HIV and HIV/TB in RSA
- Leadership and management capacity development at National, Provincial, and District Government level
Required qualifications and experience:
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred
- More than 5 years’ experience within the relevant healthcare management sector
- Familiar with concepts, practices and procedures of the South Africa Department of Health at both national and district level
- Experience in consulting methodologies will be an advantage
Interested candidates must submit a detailed CV highlighting key consultancy experience in South Africa, 3 contactable references, 2 writing samples and work eligibility in South Africa (citizenship, residency or VISA).
In an accompanying cover letter, kindly indicate your daily consulting rate in ZAR and availability to undertake assignments at short notice in 2016 and 2017.
Applications should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference “Consultant Roster”.
Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis up to 31 March 2016 and qualified consultants will be entered into the roster and contacted as relevant opportunities arise.
Human Communications 124645 www.humanjobs.co.za.