Education Development Center (EDC)
EDC, with funding from USAID, will be implementing the School-Based Sexuality and HIV Prevention Education Activity, a 5-year contract that will support the South African Government to reduce HIV infections in students and teachers by assisting the Department of Basic Education to implement high quality, evidence-informed sexuality and HIV prevention education programs.
EDC is a global nonprofit organization that designs, delivers and evaluates innovative programs to address some of the world’s most urgent challenges in education, health, and economic opportunity. Working with public sector and private partners, we harness the power of people and systems to improve education, health promotion and care, workforce preparation, communications technologies, and civic engagement. Founded in 1958, EDC’s headquarters are located in Waltham, Massachusetts, USA with additional offices in New York City and Washington, DC, Nairobi and Bangkok. EDC implements projects in over 35 countries with more than 1,300 employees worldwide.
EDC seeks a Training Coordinator, to organize and coordinate all logistics for trainings conducted by EDC Master Trainers and other EDC staff for the South African School-Based Sexuality and HIV Prevention Education Activity, which is currently being implemented in 5 provinces; Free State, Gauteng, Mpumalanga, Kwa-Zulu Natal and Western Cape. The Training Coordinator will work with EDC Master Trainers, Monitoring and Evaluation staff and the Finance and Admin departments to ensure that all trainings run smoothly and that all data collected from the trainings are submitted to the relevant offices in a timely manner. This position reports to the Technical Program Director and is located in Pretoria, South Africa.
Essential Functions include [but are not limited to]:
- Work with Technical Program Director to draw up, maintain and update schedule of trainings
- Collate and consolidate training needs per province and per program
- Follow up plans and training recommendations coming out of the trainings
- Refine plans based on feedback from Master Trainers and other stakeholders
- Arrange for and coordinate all trainings at national and provincial level with EDC’s Master Trainers including schedules, location, date/time, materials and attendance as per the EDC training plan
- Provide regular planning updates to Master Trainers (MTs) on trainings and reminders on follow up actions
- Liaise with Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Senior Advisor to procure all M&E forms and disseminate to trainers
- Be on site at large trainings to assist with logistics and administration of M&E or other non-direct training activities
- Work with the Technical Program Director and Master Trainers to identify training needs
- Provide back-up programmatic support to Technical Program Director
- Source internal/ external training
- Proof read training reports
- Work with M&E staff to maintain training tracking database, enter data, track completion and process communication and certification to participants, as appropriate
- Support the Technical Program Director in capacity building for Master Trainers
- Ensure timely availability of training manuals and materials including training stationery
- Develop and maintain training checklist
- Review training requests according to checklist
- Handle enquiries related to training with Support/ administrative staff
- Be back-up administrative support to Operations for all logistical matters related to trainings
- Sourcing of quotation for training venues and conferencing –cost comparisons and timelines
- Maintain list of approved training venues (once established) including contact info etc
- Provide back-up administrative support to technical director, as needed
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any one of the following fields: Education, Psychology, Social Work
- Two years’ experience in conducting training workshops desired
- Experience working in non-for-profit setting, education institution or similar desired
- Proven organizational and coordination skills
- Experience in providing coordination of comprehensive training program desired
- Ability to perform challenging and complex work and work effectively with diverse stakeholders
- Strong professional acumen and judgment including proven capacity to manage and coordinate projects with excellent attention to detail
- Proficiency in English required
- Eligibility to work in South Africa
Application and contact details:
Interested, qualified candidates are requested to submit their resumes to EDCSA@edc.org by 12 February 2016. To ensure the timely review of your credentials, please insert “Training Coordinator” in the subject line of the email. Only candidates who are being invited for an interview will be contacted.
EDC is committed to diversity in the workplace. EDC offers a supportive work environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefits package.