ActionAid South Africa
ActionAid South Africa (AASA) is a country programme of ActionAid International, as we work towards an ambitious target of increasing regular income over the next five years.
ActionAid South Africa is a process of recruiting a Tele-Marketing Fundraiser and the role is to support all aspects of the fundraising unit by providing an outstanding experience for new and potential supporters by meeting agreed targets from specific tele-fundraising recruitment and retention campaigns.
ActionAid South Africa seeks to appoint Tele-Marketing Fundraiser, based in Johannesburg.
- Making outbound calls to new supporters to welcome and verify details provided at time of sign-up;
- Undertaking other fundraising and service calling activities as scheduled by the Supporter Marketing officer or Head of Fundraising;
- Timeous and accurate weekly reporting against targets;
- Experience of working in a customer services environment and of dealing with the general public(in person/by phone);
- Work collaboratively with the Head of Fundraising (HoFr) to grow the existing Regular Giving programme;
- Identify and evaluate new fundraising innovations and acquisition whilst keeping abreast of new developments;
- A versatile communicator (written and verbal) who can develop rapport with donors and articulate persuasively the key elements of a case for support;
- Analyse and report on fundraising performance to guide decision making; and
- Ensure all communications are consistent, high quality, relevant, delivered on time, and in line with the ActionAid brand.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Marketing/Fundraising or related field;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Fundraising or Direct marketing in an NGO environment;
- Fluency in English is required, other local languages will be an advantage;
- A track record of success in Tele-fundraising and Excellent telephone manner;
- Knowledge of marketing principles and marketing trends within South Africa;
- Experience of using database management, including data analysis and reporting;
- Extensive knowledge of supporter/customer retention strategies and tactics;
- Experience in developing new products;
- knowledge and understanding of child sponsorship;
- Able to work independently or as part of a team;
- Commitment to ActionAid's values, mission and vision;
- Valid Driver’s licence.
Commencement: Must be available to start immediately
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
National Terms and Conditions of Employment will apply.
To apply, send your CV and one-page motivation letter to email@example.com.
Please indicate in your cover note in which media you first saw this advert - NGO Pulse Portal.
Indicate in the subject line of your email the position you are applying for.
A total cost to company package starting at R128 000 per annum is offered, dependent on experience.
Only South African citizens or individuals with permanent residency should apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ActionAid South Africa reserves the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.
For more about ActionAid South Africa, refer to www.actionaid.org/south-africa.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at www.twitter.com/SANGONeT.