Education Development Center (EDC)
Monitoring and Evaluation Data Capturer
EDC, with funding from USAID, will be implementing the School-Based Sexuality and HIV Prevention Education Activity, a 5-year contract that will support the South African Government to reduce HIV infections in students and teachers by assisting the Department of Basic Education to implement high quality, evidence-informed sexuality and HIV prevention education programs.
EDC is a global nonprofit organization that designs, delivers and evaluates innovative programs to address some of the world’s most urgent challenges in education, health, and economic opportunity. Working with public sector and private partners, we harness the power of people and systems to improve education, health promotion and care, workforce preparation, communications technologies, and civic engagement. Founded in 1958, EDC’s headquarters are located in Waltham, Massachusetts, USA with additional offices in New York City and Washington, DC, Nairobi and Bangkok. EDC implements projects in over 35 countries with more than 1,300 employees worldwide.
EDC seeks a Monitoring and Evaluation Data Capturer to maintain the organization’s database by entering new and updated activity data. This position reports to Monitoring & Evaluation Database Specialist. This position is located in: Pretoria, South Africa.
Essential functions include [but are not limited to]:
- Receive paper based training records from trainers and partners for data capturing into the organization database
- Identify missing data, inconsistencies and errors and follow-up or report on missing data or errors
- Capture data from paper based tools onto the database and ensure that all information to date has been captured
- Capture activity assessment data into an online survey data collection system
- Identify and communicate any issues that are delaying progress in a timely manner
- Perform regular data backups
- Support EDC training team by ensuring that they have copies of all tools required
- Record and track courier and receipt of training and assessment tools from EDC trainers and partners
- Perform filing, administrative and other duties, as required
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree is a minimum requirement
- Strong computer skills (e.g. MS Word, MS Excel)
- Working knowledge of databases and spreadsheets (e.g. Excel, SQL)
- Experience in data collection and capturing
- Fast and accurate data capturing and entry skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Experience working independently as part of a team
- Eligibility to work in South Africa
Application and contact details:
Interested qualified candidates are requested to submit their resumes to EDCSA@edc.org by 12 February 2016. To ensure the timely review of your credentials, please insert “Monitoring and Evaluation Data Capturer” in the subject line of the email. Only candidates who are being invited for an interview will be contacted.
EDC is committed to diversity in the workplace. EDC offers a supportive work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits.