Legal Resources Centre (LRC)
Human Resources Assistant: National Office - Johannesburg
The Legal Resources Centre invites applications from suitably qualified individuals for the position of HR Assistant based in Johannesburg in the National Office.
- Maintain, organize and update personnel files
- Assist with medical aid and provident fund queries
- Manage leave applications – ensure the necessary documentation is received
- Assist with maintaining files related to new engagements and terminations updates
- Assist with the recruitment process by drafting adverts and placing with relevant media
- Assist with initial application screening, setting up interviews and preparing interview templates
- Assist with reference checks and preparing offers of employment to be signed
- Prepare induction packs and new personnel files for new staff
- Liaise with relevant departments to arrange setting up PC, email, office, stationery, etc.
- Capture and update job profiles
- Assist with completion of performance reviews where necessary
- Assist with the preparation of reports for management
- Capture personal development plans
- General HR filing and administration
- Ability to work well under pressure, independently and with others
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
Preferred qualifications and experience:
- A relevant tertiary qualification with at least 1 year administration experience
- Computer Proficiency: Microsoft Office and SAGE VIP HR would be an advantage
The LRC is committed to transformation; applications from previously disadvantaged candidates are therefore strongly encouraged. To apply, please email a motivational letter, your CV with copies of qualifications, and two contactable references to email@example.com
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you have not been contacted by 29 February 2016, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Applicants for the position must share in the Mission and Values of the LRC and its commitment to using the Law as an instrument of Justice. For more details about the Legal Resources Centre, please visit www.lrc.org.za