|Job Title:||SEAD District Laboratory Services Advisor|
|Reporting To:||Senior Laboratory Advisor|
|Region & Office:||Positions available in North West, Limpopo and Gauteng|
|Start Date:||1 April 2016 or sooner|
|Position:||1 year contract (potential to renew)|
The District Laboratory Services Advisor will be responsible for providing Laboratory Technical Assistance and support in all district facilities.
Key Roles include
- Supporting sub-district facility management teams in streamlining systems, procedures and services relating to laboratory processing and service utilization.
- Providing technical support for stakeholder forums including all reporting and feedback
- Strengthening laboratory practices to ensure maintenance of SOPs
- Support facilities in implementing and/or strengthening laboratory and quality assurance plans for sites providing POCT (point of care testing) in HIV Rapid Testing
Main Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Development and implementation of a district laboratory support operational plan in co-operation with the Senior Lab Services Advisor, grant partners and stakeholders. This includes integration of all systems, tools, components and procedures facilitating full laboratory support
- Training, mentoring and supporting the district team as defined by the project
- Progress reporting (including liaison with SEAD M&E team) on implementation of laboratory support in the district
- Development and implementation of corrective action in cooperation with the project team
- Ensuring appropriate progress and quality of laboratory support component in the district
- Any other duty in support of SEAD objectives as appropriately delegated
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- Medical Technologist
- HPCSA registration
- Current valid driver’s license and own car
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Ability to manage conflict
- Ability to communicate effectively
- The position requires extensive district travel.
Please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com stating how your qualifications and experience best fit the job requirements.