FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Training Officers (x4 positions)
Provide technical assistance and training support to target sites in provinces, districts, and sub-districts in the integration of CDS:NACS into PMTCT, maternal health, and IYCF into health facility and community services. Contribute to monthly and quarterly training reports, program planning, and review of program data with relation to trainings.
- Assist in coordinating and facilitating all integrated NACS training activities for CDS:NACS
- Assist to monitor program progress in relation to work plans and timelines and ensure activities are implemented within scheduled timelines and budgets ceilings
- Contribute to monthly progress reports and quarterly PEPFAR reporting, detailing activities, constraints and issues and project technical assistance needs
- Support CDS:NACS in ongoing program planning and review by providing current program data
- In collaboration with the monitoring and evaluation coordinator, ensure that all training activities pertaining and related to the program are monitored
- In consultation with technical staff, review and update the resource materials to ensure availability of current information on related subjects
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities as the Technical Director may determine
Degree in health related fields of dietetics, nursing, medicine, public health, or international health and policy
- At least 5 years’ experience in national health programs, specifically in nutrition, maternal and child health and HIV/AIDS prevention in Africa
- At least 5 years’ experience in advocacy, implementation of BFHI activities
- Experience with PMTCT in South Africa
- Skills and experience in community mobilisation, education and training to support health programs in developing countries
- Knowledge of adult learning principles
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent computer skills including word processing and the use of spreadsheets
- Ability to speak and write English fluently
- Fluency in local languages, an added advantage
- Ability to travel extensively throughout South Africa (±75%)
Interested candidates may submit their resume together with a motivational cover letter indicating the position for which they are applying, to www.fhi360.org/careers
NB: Preference will be given to SA citizens and permanent residents.
Applicants with work visas must possess visas which permit work for FHI360.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI360's Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.  FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.