FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Care and Support Technical Assistant (Western Cape Province)
CaSIPO is a 5 year (2013-2018) USAID funded project that seeks to promote the integration of Comprehensive Care and Support (CCS) services at all levels of health care and in social welfare structures throughout South Africa. Key project interventions will include development of policies, guidelines and SOPs for CCS for adults, children and adolescents and to support national, provincial and district government structures to integrate CCS in all health care and social welfare structures. CaSIPO activities will be implemented through a combination of technical assistance (TA) provided by technical experts; training, mentorship and coaching provided by program staff and program staff and program partners to staff at government facilities and CBOs and capacity building of PEPFAR partners to disseminate CCS training and mentorship.
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- Providing support to the Provincial Manager and Technical Lead Referrals and Retention in the roll out of national and provincial retention and referral strategies
- Provide Technical Assistance and expertise to other members of the team in implementation of the policy/strategy at district level
- Providing Technical Assistance to the allocated District Management Teams to strengthen referral , retention and adherence models
- Establish and maintain an effective working relationship with the relevant District Management Team members
- To provide Technical Assistance to the District Management Teams in Adherence and Retention models for HIV and TB programmes
- Provide Technical Assistance to identified sites in the integration of Comprehensive Care Support to strengthen retention and adherence
- To establish effective working relationships with identified implementation site management staff
- To ensure all relevant site level staff are trained in Comprehensive Care and Support , Adherence models and the District referral system
- Supporting the development and monitoring of project work plans for the District Management Team
- Contribute to project reporting as agreed
- Participating in regular monthly/ quarterly meetings to review progress, monitoring and reporting to policy developments, dissemination plans and TA indicators
- Keep abreast with current trends in HIV/TB treatment and care bth nationally and internationally
- Keep abreast with all guidelines, policies, SOPs developed in line with CaSIPO programme
- Be willing to participate in activities beyond the job description which will contribute to personal growth without compromising activity plan and job description
- Knowledge of the South African public health sector broadly and the area of HIV care and
- support specifically;
- Comprehensive Knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures in the area of care support
- ( Palliative Care);
- Familiarity with government structures and processes in South Africa, as well as the public
- health donor and partner landscape;
- Negotiation, networking and strategic representation skills;
- Interpersonal skills, including expertise in facilitation and partnership liaison;
- Sensitivity to cultural and ethical considerations with regard to care and support services;
- Written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently;
Master’s degree in public health or related field plus 5-10 years’ experience in the public health sector, preferable in the area of HIV care and support advantageous
NB: Preference will be given to SA citizens and permanent residents. Applicants with work visas must possess visas which permit work for FHI360.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360's Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.