FHI 360, South Africa
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories
The CDS Program (Component Two) requires a a Program Coordinator to support the DREAMS Initiative planning, implementation and monitoring predominantly in KwaZulu Natal and to provide support in Gauteng.
The Program Coordinator will be responsible for oversight and to coodinate implementation of DREAMS activities within the Kwa Zulu Natal Province. The Coordinator will report to the Senior Program Manager, CDS. He/She will oversee the overall planning, implementation and monitoring of DREAMS activities and innovatively advise and lead approaches aiming at improving integration of DREAMS into th Operation Sukuma Sakhe Program, as well as other exisiting KZN programs and projects. He/She will be responsible for representing FHI 360 Capacity Development and Support (CDS) in all relevant KZN stqakeholder meetings, as well as occasional Gauteng and DREAMS steering/planning meetings. In order to be successful in this role, the incumbent will be required to travel to the field from time to time to filfill the requirements for effective implementation of DREAMS in KZN
- Active particilation in Provincial Technical Working Groups related to DREAMS
- Particiaption in meetings related to DREAMS at Provincial, District and Ward levels
- Work with DREAMS Project steering committee team to ensure proper communication with the DREAMS partners for smooth and effective program implementation
- Participation in developing district implementation plans to support DREAMS initiative
- Lead in supervision and monitoring implementation of integrated DREAMS core package of activities
- Facilitation of program linkages and integration of DREAMS and Operation Sukuma Sakhe in the war rooms
- Facilitation of collaborative rerlationships among DREAMS implementing partners
- Track and support implementing DREAMS partneres to deliver required services to meet targets timeously
- Preparation of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual narrative progress reports
- Document challenges, best practices and success stories in the implementation of DREAMS activities
- Assist district task teams to identify priority activities for improving access and uptake to DREAMS services
- Facilitation of DREAMS related trainings and workshops
- Provision of technical assistance to district management teams (DMTs) and Ward/War room taks teams
- Facilitate monitoring of DREAMS target chievements and high service delivery
Education and Experience
- Five Years of experience working in HIV/AIDS programs with focus on sexual reproductive health and youth programs
- Proven project management experience in the administration, management and implementation of HIV Prevention and related Programs including supervision and reporting
- Thorough knowledge and experience in operational activities in local and provincial government structures
- Masters in Public Health or related field would be an advantage
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Skills and knowledge in managing implementating partner programs
- Knowledge of HIV prevention, sexual reproductive health, gender mainstreaming into HV and AIDS programming
- High degree of resilience to accomodate rapidly changing expectations,plans and deliverables
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects
- Can work independently and self motivated
- Good knowledge of basic IT skills (e-mail, Internet, Word, etc.)
- Fluent in both Zulu and English
- Valid driver's license
This is a two year fixed term contract
To apply, please visit our career webpage www.fhi360.org/careers and apply online using the Job ID 16550.
NB: Preference will be given to SA citizens and permanent residents. Applicants with work visas must possess visas which permit work for FHI360.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI360's Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.  FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.