African Leadership Academy (ALA)
African Leadership Academy (ALA) seeks to transform Africa by identifying, developing, and connecting thousands of leaders for the continent over the next few decades. The Academy is founded on the philosophy that a new generation of ethical, committed leaders is the key to Africa’s development. ALA seeks to become training ground for these future leaders. Each year, ALA draws the most outstanding students from across Africa to its campus in South Africa. Here, they build a powerful intellectual foundation and develop their leadership capacity through ALA’s unique curriculum in Entrepreneurial Leadership. ALA then works with these young leaders throughout their lives as they enable lasting positive change on the African continent.
ALA seeks to appoint a Student Life Administrator, based in ALA Campus, Johannesburg.
The Student Life Administrator will be part of the Pastoral Care department, the team responsible for student life, wellness, and residential life. The Student Life Administrator will manage a wide range of student facing activities and provide administrative support to students. He/she will also cater to the administrative needs of the Pastoral Care department.
The successful candidate will report to the Assistant Dean of Pastoral Care.
Start Date: As soon as possible.
- Provide an in-person welcome to new students on arrival
- Issue student ID cards and uniforms
- Safe-keep students’ important documents, passports, IDs (hard and soft copies)
- Manage all students’ administrative queries
- Monitor and manage off-campus trips for students
- Provide logistical assistance for students travels, including preparation of visa and travel documents
- Help students open South African Bank accounts
- Internal and External Stakeholder Communication
- Liaise between parents and students via telephone and email
- Communicate professionally with students
- Executive Assistance
- Provide executive support to the Assistant Dean of Pastoral Care
- Arrange departmental meetings and taking and distributing minutes
- Regularly update database for students on the InResonance application
- Relevant training and experience in administration
- Database management and problem solving skills
- A passion for Africa, the potential of its youth, and commitment to the vision of ALA
- Excellent skills in the MSOffice Suite including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects while managing conflicting priorities and deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent people skills, one who enjoys being a ‘go-to’ person for information and support
To apply, submit a CV with cover letter by email to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the African Leadership Academy, refer to www.africanleadershipacademy.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at www.twitter.com/SANGONeT.