HIVSA is a South African nonprofit company that offers comprehensive care and support to those individuals infected and affected by HIV/AIDS, their families and those living in impoverished circumstances.
HIVSA seeks to appoint Health Systems Strengthening Trainer, based in Johannesburg.
The trainer will be responsible for providing both accredited and non-accredited training and subsequently offer the following: assessment, training reports and learner support. The facilitator will also be responsible for reviewing and development of training material as well as fulfilment of administrative tasks.
- Prepare and plan for non- accredited training courses, as stipulated in the HTQMS document
- Provide both accredited and non- accredited training to participants being trained locally and on- site
- Verbal and written feedback to Programme Development Officer on all training conducted
- Compile of training reports after each training course facilitated highlighting achievements and challenges
- Compile of progress reports if and when requested by the Programme Development Officer
- Submit all reports in accordance with timelines set out by the PDO.
- Feedback and Reports to PDO on all meetings attended related to the functioning of the training centre.
- Developing and updating of training materials:
- Identify gaps in training material and researching of new information for the purposes of improving training material. Sharing of new and updated information with PDO and other trainers
- Work in collaboration with PDO in the development of assessment tools
- Compile training manuals for non- accredited training viz. researching of information, preparation of first draft and submission to PDO for comment, preparation of final document and development of assessment tools in collaboration with PM when necessary.
- Assessments of Portfolios of Evidence
- Assessment of test scripts and portfolios of evidence for unit standards that the senior trainer is registered for
- Compile of assessment reports and submission of assessment reports to training manager according to mutually agreed upon time frames
- Attend meetings, when appropriate, if training supervisor is unavailable to do so.
- Regular feedback to the PDO on training conducted.
- Assess portfolios of evidence submitted by learners and completion of relevant assessment reports.
- Networking with other PEPFAR partners, NGO’s and CBO’s for training purposes.
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Administer Participant profile forms to learners before commencement of training.
- Ensure that learners correctly complete all the relevant sections on the PPF form.
- Ensure that all learners sign the attendance register, and also ensure that all sections of the register are completed accurately.
- Submit of all attendance registers, participant profile forms, evaluation forms and pre and post-test evidence to administrators after each and every training.
- Ensure that all training material left over after training is accounted for and returned to administrators.
- Identify and collection of evidence for compilation of success stories.
- Coordinate of mentorship activities for accredited training including the facilitation of regular meetings with mentors.
- Provide mentoring support to learners in the classroom.
- Train mentors in counsellor mentorship.
- Written and verbal feedback to the PDO regarding all mentorship activities
- Compliance to administrative procedures relevant to the training centre
- Submit all training registers and completed evaluation forms to administrator for capturing onto database
- File documents according to the procedures set out at the training centre
- Complete of time sheets at the end of every month by due date given by PDO
- Other duties as and when required by the Programme Development Officer, not fixed but may arise from time to time
- Execute other tasks as allocated to the trainer by the Training Manager or the TDO and completed according to time frames agreed upon between the trainer and Training Manager/TDO
- BA Social Work degree with honours or equivalent
- At least three years’ experience working as a social worker with experience in training
- Assessment qualification and experience with registration with HW SETA an advantage
- Facilitating learning qualification an advantage
- Experience in mentorship or supervision
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure
- Sound decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team setting
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and excellent patterns of communication
- Willingness and ability to travel outside of Johannesburg for training
- Ability to speak local languages
- Computer literate
- Have a valid unendorsed driver’s licence
To apply, submit an updated CV and a covering letter as to why you feel that you are suitable for this position to the HR Manager at e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 086 244 5444.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about HIVSA, refer to www.hivsa.com.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit www.goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.