Crisis Action is an independent, nonprofit organisation that works with others to ensure civilians are protected both from and during armed conflict. To achieve this aim Crisis Action works behind the scenes to catalyse, coordinate and support strategic coalition campaigns by our civil society partners. Crisis Action partners include Africa Peace Forum, Amnesty International, Cairo Institute for Human Rights Studies, Conectas, Human Rights Watch, International Crisis Group, International Rescue Committee, Institute for Security Studies, Mercy Corps, Muslim Aid, Oxfam, World Vision and many others.
Crisis Action seeks to appoint a Global Campaign Director, based in Addis, Beirut, Johannesburg or Nairobi.
- Expanding our campaigning with diverse centres of power outside the West, especially in Africa and the Middle East;
- Leading and overseeing some of Crisis Action’s campaigns by inspiring, challenging and assisting our campaign teams in various offices around the world. You will be working with our campaign teams to ensure our campaigns are as impactful as possible;
- Utilising exceptional political judgement and high-level relationships with policymakers, civil society and the media to seize opportunities for impact on campaigns;
- Supporting some of our campaign teams in the creation of campaign strategies and first-class advocacy materials;
- Providing ideas for, and helping to deliver, innovative tactics across advocacy, media and online/offline mobilisation;
- Ensuring highly professional media drives and assisting where required; and
- Providing intensive hands-on support for individuals offices or campaign teams as required.
- At least 10-15 years of relevant work experience especially in leading successful campaigns that influence policymakers in diverse centers of power in Africa and/or the Middle East;
- Expertise in media and communications; including crafting media stories, producing high-quality media materials and working across media platforms, including new media;
- Political judgement: Excellent political mind and ability to think and work strategically;
- Effective communicator and storyteller: Knowing what different audiences need to hear;
- Team player: thrives as part of a team. Servant leadership style and great delegator;
- Delivery: Extremely reliable and organised. Completes tasks in a timely and thorough manner. Great project management and time management skills to efficiently juggle competing priorities;
- High levels of ambition, energy, drive, dynamism, determination and focus;
- Intercultural working experiences;
- Experience of campaigning on human rights issues and knowledge of individual conflict situations and key regional multilateral institutions;
- Languages other than English, especially French, Swahili, Arabic; and
- Experience of leading or working within coalitions.
To apply, submit your CV, cover letter and application form to email@example.com and indicate ‘Global Campaign Director Application’ in the subject line.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about this position, refer to https://crisisaction.org/opportunities.
For more about Crisis Action, refer to https://crisisaction.org.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at www.twitter.com/SANGONeT.