The AIDS Consortium (AC)
The AIDS Consortium NPC (AC) seeks to appoint a Monitoring, Evaluation & Reporting (MER) Manager to be based at its national office in Aeroton, Johannesburg. The MER Manager will report to the Executive Director. This is a one-year renewable contract.
The AIDS Consortium NPC (AC) is a registered NPO founded in 1992 by Justice Edwin Cameron and other HIV activists. AC’s affiliate network currently consists of over 200 community based organisations (CBOs) and non-governmental organisations (NGOs) working in the HIV, AIDS, TB and human rights sectors. AC serves as the secretariat for the Civil Society Sector, and represents its affiliate network on the South African National AIDS Council’s (SANAC) NGO Sector. AC is an accredited training service provider.
AC VISION: A HEALTHY SOUTH AFRICA, FREE FROM HIV, TB AND STIGMA.
AC MISSION: A DRIVING FORCE FOR SOCIAL CHANGE: STRENGTHENING COMMUNITY SYSTEMS AND PROVIDING UNITY AND LEADERSHIP IN THE HIV AND AIDS SECTOR IN SOUTH AFRICA.
- Develop a Monitoring and Evaluation Framework and System in line with AC’s Vision and Strategy
- Proactively and periodically ensure that AC’s M&E System is aligned to meet best practice requirements and promote mutual learning (nationally and internationally).
- Develop & drive the implementation of AC M&E Tools and instruments in line with AC reporting requirements.
- Facilitate the identification of stakeholders reporting needs and align the M&E system accordingly.
- Clear articulation of AC projects reporting needs, formulation and alignment of the relevant indicators to the M&E reporting framework as per the Donors/Funding Partner(s)
- Participate in proposal development and contribute in report writing.
- Analyse and synthesize data for reports on M&E findings to inform AC’s decisions on program/project performance related issues.
- Provide input during the compilation of M&E feedback to AC (internally), as well as external stakeholders as required.
- Assist in the development of AC’s affiliate database and network management system.
- Coordinate and provide refresher M&E training for programme staff, as needed.
- Perform field visits to ensure the quality of data collected by programmes / projects, and to verify the accuracy of reported data.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
CANDIDATES WITH THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CONSIDERED:
- A postgraduate qualification in M&E or relevant degree
- Experience in a Health related field or Social Science
- At least 3 year’s work experience in Program/Project performance M&E
- Excellent skills and experience in numerical methods and database management
- Experience in M&E data collection methods, analysis and reporting
- Familiarity with Donor funded organisations and Technical Assistance indicators will be an advantage
- Proven ability to apply statistical principles will be an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Proven ability to apply data management and analysis tools (i.e. Excel, Database)
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Experience with STATA or other statistical analysis programs is an advantage
- Experience working in the field of HIV/TB is an advantage
- A valid South African drivers licence
Ensure that personal values are aligned congruent with THE AIDS CONSORTIUM VALUES
- Embrace Change
Remuneration: R300K – R350K cost-to-company. Candidates living positively with HIV are encouraged to apply. Please forward application, including curriculum vitae with contact details of three current referees, a motivational cover letter, and indication of remuneration expectation to email@example.com by no later than 16h00, 16 November 2015.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.