The International Training and Education Centre for Health (I-TECH)
Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant
Section: Strategic Information, North West Province (Bloemhof)
(Fixed-term contract position till end of September 2016)
Under the leadership of the Programme Manager, the Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant will provide data management support to the Monitoring and Evaluation Team with the implementation of HIV Combination Prevention programme in the North West Province. Duties of the position include: Data collection and entry for Household HIV Counselling and Testing, data collection for wellness days, assuring data reliability and quality assurance checks, compiling reports for programme management and routine reporting, providing technical assistance and training to healthcare facilities to improve data quality and management processes. The position holder will be required to perform administrative and other key duties needed for programme compliance.
Administration (5 %)
- Provide support and assistance to programme partners and staff on the ground
- Adhere to and support I-TECH fiscal and operational requirements
- Coordinate meetings and trainings as required
- Liaise with stakeholders on clinical and data-related issues
- Perform other tasks as instructed
Data Management (60 %)
- Be a part of the field team conducting Household-based HCT and Wellness days in identified communities
- Responsible for data collection and entry in the organisational data system
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate use of data collection and management system by other team members and provide support, training and troubleshooting as needed
- Assure entry, accuracy and quality of data through routine data management
- Assure protection and security of all data collection, including paper-based and electronic data
- Liaise with facility staff, mentors or programme team on unclear entries
- Contribute by suggesting improvements to the database
- Support the design of data collection and analysis protocols for collecting qualitative and quantitative data
- Support the development of easy-to-use forms, guides and interview agendas
- Participate in and/or coordinate the timely collection and analysis of all programme performance data and success stories
Technical Assistance (10 %)
- Provide training, mentoring and technical assistance to improve data quality when a need arises
- Collate, consolidate and prepare reports of programme data, conduct basic data analysis and interpretation, as required for reporting
- Contribute to the preparation of results-based reports and presentations for donors and other key stakeholders
- Provide support to studies (both qualitative and quantitative) planned by I-TECH
- Participate in other M&E activities as required
- Contribute to planning phases of baseline, programme and impact evaluation studies
- A diploma or equivalent with 3 years’ experience in one of the following or related fields: Statistics, Social Sciences, Public Health, Demography or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Valid driver’s licence
- Demonstrated experience with participatory monitoring and evaluation which may include data form designing, data collection, and data entry and management
- Previous experience in providing technical assistance to improve data quality
- Demonstrated capacity to use data entry and analysis software such as MS Excel
- Ability to work independently, efficiently, and to assess priorities with a high level of accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, including the ability to present materials in meetings and at conferences and to write project documents
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to review, synthesise information and produce quality reports
- Demonstrated ability to work within a results-oriented team
- Ability to travel daily and work in remote conditions.
- Experience working with PEPFAR or other donor-funded projects desirable
- Proficiency in in Setswana.
Conditions of Employment: This position is 1.0 FTE, based in the North West Province, South Africa. Complex deliverables on short timelines may require work in excess of 40 hours.
Applicants are required to quote the relevant position title mentioned above when submitting their applications via e-mail to email@example.com or fax to 086 750 2630 before 8 November 2015.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Preference will be given to South African applicants.