South Africa Partners has been awarded a 5-year HHS/CDC cooperative agreement to provide technical assistance and support for the development and implementation of key aspects of HIV/AIDS care and support services in South Africa.
The National Trainers are responsible for the coordination and delivery of the national training schedule for the implementation of a national training programme in alignment with NDOH’s National Adherence Guideline for Chronic Diseases, adherence support programmes as well as the I ACT programme, amongst others.
Supervisor’s Title: National Training Manager
Duty Station: Johannesburg
Duration: 100% Full Time, Fixed Term Project
Travel Required: 50%
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Work closely with the National Training Manager, National Program Manager, National Technical Advisor, and the Link-CARE team to develop and initiate training strategies;
- Support the planning of the national training work plan and calendar;
- Communicate with the Partners in the Provinces regarding their related training activities;
- Liaise with and support training with RTCs and other Partners that deliver/ provide trainings;
- Stay current on curriculum topics, including HIV-related medical and service information;
- Prepare and deliver presentations on program and curriculum to partners and others in places where the program is being introduced;
- Provide guidance and training to Partners, DSPs and RTCs in the Provinces and Nationally
- Ensure that Partners trainings adhere to quality standards;
- Perform other related duties as assigned and agreed upon.
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Education/ Public Health/Social Sciences or related field. Substantial relevant experience in a similar position will also be considered.
- Substantial Training experience – proficient in training methodologies, curriculum development, etc.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the field of HIV and AIDS programming, public health and/or the NGO sector, ideally in the area of Care and Support in South Africa.
- SAQA accredited trainer/assessor/moderator or similar accreditation qualification.
Key Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to successfully deliver training programs.
- Demonstrated leadership and problem solving skills;
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills; capable of directing and managing change, inspiring teamwork, and motivating partners to achieve results.
- Demonstrated strong written and oral presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills
- Strong people management and leadership skills.
- Quick learner and self-starter with ability to take initiative and work in a start-up and team oriented environment.
- Excellent Microsoft Programme skills.
- Strong work ethic and ability to prioritise and multi-task.
- Ability to travel up to 50% within South Africa.
- Drivers license essential.
Deadline for applications is Wednesday, November 18th at 16H00.
For more information and to submit your cover letter and CV; email to firstname.lastname@example.org
“Interview dates are provisionally scheduled for 26th and 27th November in Rosebank Johannesburg and post start is expected 04 January 2016.”