Project Manager-Prisons Health and HIV and AIDS
VSO is an international development organisation that contributes towards addressing poverty and disadvantage through the placement of international and national skilled professional volunteers and other capacity building interventions with national and regional partners. The Regional Health and AIDS Initiative for Southern Africa (RHAISA), is Voluntary Service Overseas’ (VSO’s) flagship programme championing our regional response to Health and HIV and AIDS in Southern Africa. The main aim of VSO RHAISA is to strengthen the capacity of government, civil society actors and communities to develop, implement and manage effective and appropriate responses posed by health and HIV and AIDS in the region. RHAISA co-ordinates regional engagement with government and civil society actors and operate in Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe from the VSO RHAISA office in Pretoria, South Africa.
To further support VSO’s RHAISA programmes, we are looking for a highly talented, dynamic and results oriented individual for the position of Project Manager-Prisons Health and HIV and AIDS, based in Swaziland. You will lead / manage the health and HIV project in the prison setting on a day-to-day basis and contribute to the delivery of the interventions at the desired quality outcomes and budget specifications. You should have the required qualification, skills and experience in project management and relationship building. A strong track record in organisational planning and financial oversight is required for this position.
- Ensure project outcomes delivered to quality required by the programme (with specified risks and benefits), to schedule within set budgets and scope
- Provide a key co-ordination and implementation role, ensuring project management standards are followed and deadlines met
- Coordinate capacity building of CBOs and relevant stakeholders using the VSO program intervention models
- Manage project financial budgets and targets, providing accurate and timely information on expenditure.
- Build effective working relationships with project stakeholders, engaging them at each project stage, ensuring communications have appropriate content and tone.
- Be the focal person to coordinate the work of and maintain strong relationships between target beneficiaries ,local implementing partners (like SANOP) ,and VSO-RHAISA to ensure that project activities advance in a smooth and timely manner
- Provide effective support to the Technical Working Groups on Prisons to maintain high quality coordination with civil society and government stakeholders
- Ensure project activity, outcome progress, issues, risks, exception reports are available to Stakeholders and management teams as appropriate.
- Establish, lead and motivate the project team, ensuring regular progress review meetings in place and behavioural expectations established.
- Effectively manage donor grant allocated to project, ensuring appropriate reporting in place.
- Oversee the project budget, targets and monitor all income and expenditure monthly and prepare regular reports for VSO and the project donors
The Essential Requirements for this post are:
- Minimum degree in public health or social sciences.
- Minimum of 7 years of project design and implementation in the health/HIV sector
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of health and development issues and be able to convert those into development partnerships and products
- Experience working with key populations especially prisoners
- Experience of financial management of budgets ,including building a budget, monitoring and managing expenditures
- Ability to build effective working relationships, inspiring confidence and credibility with employees at all levels. Ability to work effectively across a globally dispersed organisation.
- Experience liaising with government line ministries, local authorities, Civil Society and other INGO’s
- Excellent time management, organisational, coordination and planning skills with experience of working under pressure.
How to apply
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please follow the link to the VSO website http://vso.force.com/jobopportunities; and download the job description to read more details about the position and the skills and experience we’re looking for. To submit your application, click on ‘Apply now’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing date: 13th November, 2015
VSO is an equal opportunity employer, values inclusion and seeks to have a diverse workforce.
We welcome applicants from all sections of the community.