National Shelter Movement of South Africa
Between 2016 and 2018, the Heinrich Böll Foundation (HBF) Southern Africa Office and the National Shelter Movement of South Africa (NSM) will jointly implement an EU supported project titled ‘Enhancing State responsiveness to Gender Based Violence: paying the true costs’. The project partners seek a project coordinator to implement the NSM's role in the action. They will also support with narrative reporting to EU.
The position is a full-time position from January 2016 – June 2018. The project co-ordinator will be based in Johannesburg but will be required to travel to various provinces during the project time-frame.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Project co-ordination and support:
The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that:
- NSM activities are implemented as per project timeframes.
- Activities are implemented within the available budget.
- Reports are delivered to HBS and adhere to EU reporting guidelines.
- Regular communication between the partners takes place.
- Subcontractors deliver quality outputs.
- Research and Event management and support:
The incumbent will lead responsibility for Gauteng based events and support event management in other provinces. Events will include roundtables, public dialogues, capacity building workshops and press briefings. The incumbent will also provide support to researchers (including data collection & capturing if required) in the undertaking of research studies in various provinces.
- Build relations with stakeholders in the social justice, women’s empowerment and other relevant sectors:
The incumbent will be the lead liaison with National Gauteng-based government departments and Gauteng legislature and also responsible for networking with sector stakeholders and establishing strategic partnerships.
Candidates should meet the following requirements:
- Familiarity with gender issues and the South African gender sector
- Strong and proven project management skills
- Strong and proven event organisation skills
- Experience in conducting research
- Excellent writing and communication skills essential
- Strong networking skills
- Financial and budget management experience essential
- Computer literacy: experience with Excel, Word, and Power Point skills. Familiarity with project management software advantageous.
- Flexibility to travel is a must
- Previous EU coordination experience advantageous
- Proficiency in Afrikaans and Xhosa advantageous
Salary is dependent on skills and experience.
Please submit your CV together with a writing sample and three contactable referees to Claudia Lopes at Claudia.firstname.lastname@example.org by 17:00 on the 20th of November 2015.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.