INMED South Africa
INMED South Africa - Project Coordinator Health in Action Programme
About INMED South Africa
Personal Qualities of the Post Holder
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in dietetics, nutrition and/or related field plus two years of related public/community nutrition work experience.
- Fluency in English as well as excellent oral and written communication skills is a requirement.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office systems, including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
- Reliable knowledge of field concepts, practices and principles related to community wellness, diet and exercise, school-based nutrition, collective impact and/or social determinants of health and physical activity.
- Ability to train and motivate people coupled with strong group facilitation experience with a wide variety of participants including educators and parents.
- Good project management skills, including managing and prioritizing multiple tasks as well as a strong background in monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Experience working effectively with teams of diverse backgrounds including school communities within the Gauteng Province preferred.
- Proactive approach, exercise professional judgment, and make sound decisions.
- Valid South African Driver’s license (Code) with own reliable vehicle desirable as well as ability to travel extensively (AA rates apply for travel reimbursement when using own transport).
Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and facilitate training of educators, volunteer food handlers and school vendors with particular emphasis on basic nutrition, hygiene, healthy lifestyles and physical education.
- In consultation with the project team, review and update resource materials to ensure availability of most up to date information on related subjects.
- Lead and manage baseline data collection and annual evaluations for the Health in Action programme.
- Assume responsibility for consulting and coordinating with the relevant office within the Department of Education once training opportunity has been identified.
- Contribute to monthly progress reports and quarterly reporting.
- Monitor progress on the implementation of the Health in Action programme in relation to work plans and timelines.
- Management and supervision of programme monitors and school based “recess buddies”.
Starting salary for this position is R210 000 per annum depending on experience.
Interested candidates must submit a curriculum vitae including a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 09th November 2015.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and should you not be contacted within one month after the closing date of this advert, consider your application as unsuccessful.