The Teddy Bear Clinic for Abused Children
The Teddy Bear Clinic for Abused Children (TTBC) is a nonprofit organisation dedicated to ensuring abused children are protected and rehabilitated. The organisation provides therapy, counselling, assistance, love, comfort, safety and ongoing support to children who have been abused. TTBC does not only work with children, but with parents and communities empowering them with knowledge and skills so that we can help put an end to child abuse.
TTBC seeks to appoint Volunteer Proposal Writer, based in Johannesburg.
- Search and research potential donors and foundations to identify and evaluate potential funding sources
- Submit documents and reports in a timely manner to meet stated deadlines
- Prepare grants/projects and proposals and progress reports as required by program contract and agreements
- Make initial contacts, and follow-through of securing available funding along with the coordination of all optional funding opportunities
- Take initiative to build relationships with potential funders including individual community donors
- Monitor programme, tracks and documents of all necessary activities, and completes all reporting requirements
- Generate new ideas and business opportunities to increase fundraising and fund development to meet and exceed revenue goals. Establish an ongoing fundraising program to support the work of TTBC into the future
- Build and maintain profitable, long-term fundraising relationships with current donors and potential donors
- Other tasks based on need and availability
- Education and Experience
- A relevant BA degree or equivalent Diploma/Certification (Required)
- Sound contactable references
- Strong organisation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Valid current driver’s licence
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Skills and attributes
- Open, friendly and approachable
- High integrity and confidentiality
- Excellent people and project management skills
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Self-motivated, uses initiative and ability to work independently
- Organised and meticulous
This is an unpaid volunteer position.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about The Teddy Bear Clinic for Abused children, refer to www.ttbc.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ngopulse.