|location:||Durban and Johannesburg|
|deadline:||21st September 2015|
|duration:||1 year contract|
|contact name:||Jennifer Bloch|
|contact telephone:||031 2670080|
2 M&E Officers
Zoë-Life is a professional and innovative South African Capacity Building and Development organization, working in the field of Public Health and Social Transformation.
Applications are invited from interested persons, who meet the minimum requirements, to fill the above-mentioned positions, one in Durban and the other in Johannesburg.
- Work closely with M&E Specialist to develop and refine various data collection instruments and system (both quantitative and qualitative), and maintain a results database to aggregate data.
- Provide overall management for the implementation of the M&E system, working closely with other project staff, consultants and District Support Partners (DSPs) and provide progress updates to the Provincial TA, donors and key stakeholders.
- Work closely with the project personnel to develop a detailed monitoring and evaluation plan showing how targets and outcomes will be measured.
- Serve as the primary point person for all monitoring and evaluation related work including information-gathering process for results and performance reports, in addition to other briefings, summaries, papers, presentations, etc. for various audiences as needed.
- Train project staff and partners on the accurate use of the monitoring systems, providing ongoing coaching/support through regular site monitoring visits, and ensure quality control and problem solving as needed.
- Maintain contacts with M&E/ Information Officers of the key stakeholders eg ECDoH and DSPs
- Document good practices, lessons learned trends, cross-cutting policy, implementation issues, analyse and interpret data to provide information to the project’s Principal Recipient on strategic programme impact.
- Research and collect content and stories about the project's achievements to provide feedback to the Provincial TA on project strategies and activities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the project
- Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist the Provincial TA in preparing relevant reports.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and agreed upon.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- A Degree /Diploma in Health, Social Science, development studies, statistics or related fields.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in applied skills in designing and implementing M&E activities, capacity building and formative or operations research for HIV/AIDS. PEPFAR experience a plus.
- Knowledge of HIV surveillance issues, quantitative and qualitative evaluation techniques, and data analysis techniques. Experience with management information systems.
- Knowledge of District Health Information System (DHIS), current DOH indicators and targets, and South African Health Information Systems indicators.
- Experience in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
- Strong knowledge of the DHIS