mothers2mothers (m2m) is eliminating transmission of HIV from mothers to babies and sustaining the health of women and children with its proven Mentor Mother model. Since its inception, m2m has reached more than one million mothers across the African continent. Founded in Cape Town in 2001, m2m is a partner in the United Nations’ Global Plan towards the Elimination of New HIV Infections among Children by 2015 and Keeping their Mothers Alive. Learn more at m2m.org or follow mothers2mothers @m2mtweets
Purpose: We are currently recruiting for a Contracts and Compliance Officer to oversee, manage and administer all Donor Contracts, Sub-Contracts, Consultants and Commercial vendors; establish effective systems and procedures for management, administration and compliance as per our Donor regulations. This position is based at our head office in Cape Town and will work closely with the Associate Director of Operations and Compliance.
Key Performance Areas:
- Maintain, manage, administer and analyse commercial contracts, donor contracts and sub-contracts and consultants
- Ensure organisational compliance with donor contracts/award regulations, conduct compliance assessments and assist with content development for compliance learning initiatives
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree or post graduate qualification, preferably in Law or Contract Management
- Minimum of 4 years South African and/or International experience in contracting and donor compliance
- Good numerical and analytical skills
- Systematic worker with excellent time management (deadline orientated)
- Excellent MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PP, Visio, MS Outlook, Access)
- English first language
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision
- Good planning, organising and project management skills
- Professional demeanour with good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of Funder/Donor Rules and Regulations (incl. FAR 31 & 52, AIDAR & 2 CFR 200 et seq.)
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.
Preference will be given to South African citizens.
- Interested applicants should submit their Curriculum Vitae and covering letter to mothers2mothers via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 24 September 2015. Please insert Compliance in subject line.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us by 2 October 2015, please consider your application unsuccessful.