VSO is the world's leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place. We are recruiting for:
Programme Fundraising Manager
To provide business development leadership and coordination for identified VSO Country Offices; responsible for optimizing income generation and business development from a diverse range of donors in support of VSO’s programmes and regional operations.
Ideal Applicant Summary:
- Experience of developing funding strategies and delivering income against targets
- Proven ability to research new funding opportunities and to make appropriate judgements about their potential to realise significant restricted income
- Experience of establishing and cultivating strong donor relationships that have delivered substantially increased income
- Proven track record in writing winning donor proposals for donors including USAID, EC, UKAID, SIDA and UN Agencies – including proven ability to develop log frames, monitoring frameworks, and theories of change
- Experience of preparing compelling, high quality documentation (concept notes, presentations, proposals, budgets, reports, log frames, theories of change etc.) for different donor and partner audiences
- Familiarity with M&E tools; theories of change, monitoring frameworks, and basic evaluation techniques
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills used in international settings – experience of leading and facilitating workshops and training
- Ability to be self-directed and take initiative within organisational mandates – strong administrative and organisational skills
- Experience of establishing partnerships between organisations including teaming agreement and consortia bid development.
To apply please go to:
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description to read more details about the position and the skills and experience we’re looking for. To submit your application, click on ‘Apply now’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form: http://vso.force.com/jobopportunities.
Closing date: 2 October, 2015
VSO is an equal opportunity employer, values inclusion and seeks to have a diverse workforce.
We welcome applicants from all sections of the community.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for interviews.