FHI 360 is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improve lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mic of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We seek qualified candidates for the position of Senior Program Officer, based in Pretoria, South Africa, as part of the East and Southern Africa Regional Office.
- Program support. Support assigned countries and projects in areas including start-up, work planning, budget development, program reporting, implementation, and general problem-solving.
- Program oversight. Provide on-going programmatic and financial oversight to assigned countries and projects, including monitoring of spending rates, sub-awards, deliverables, reports, etc. Ensure compliance with donor requirements and organizational policies and procedures.
- Knowledge management. Support assigned countries and projects in documenting approaches and achievements.
- Resource development. Help to identify funding opportunities and participate in resource development efforts, including development and/or review of proposal narrative and budget.
- Communication and coordination. Promote and facilitate communication between assigned countries and projects and other relevant internal and external stakeholders, including various units within FHI 360 HQ.
- Regional planning. Contribute to ESA strategic planning, work planning and budgeting processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field. Master’s degree preferred.
- 8+ years’ experience in NGO program management.
- Experience implementing donor-funded projects, particularly USAID and/or CDC.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in teams, within a fast-paced environment.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Availability to travel up to 25% within the region.
- Fluent written and spoken English required.
NB! Preference will be given to SA citizens and permanent residents. Other applicants must possess a work visa which permits work for FHI360.
Interested candidates may submit a CV and cover letter via the FHI 360 career website www.fhi360.org/careers . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Closing date: 20 September 2015. For further information you may contact our office on 0127624000