AIDS Foundation of South Africa
AFSA is a non-governmental organisation that was established in 1988 which aims to mitigate the impacts of HIV and AIDS and poverty through the implementation of health and community development projects in vulnerable communities. AFSA acts as an interface between donors and community-based organisations (CBOs) and non-governmental organisations (NGOs) by placing donor funds with strategically selected organisations and providing them with ongoing mentoring, technical support and capacity.
The purpose of this call is to invite potential qualified service providers to submit proposals with regard to the provision ICT services to AFSA.
- Oversee the process ofassessment, recommendation, installation, operation and maintenance of ICT infrastructure and hardware including server installation, configuration and administration of servers
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of the ICT servers and systems at AFSA
- Monitor data migration across applications and ensure data consistency and integrity
- Management and monitoring of ICT governance
- Management, maintenance and update ofwebsite
- Monitor and handle cyber security issues
- Support for and interaction with ICT Officer at AFSA on ICT forefficientoperation and further enhancement,
- On the job training and transfer of skills to AFSA personnel
- Oversee preparation of status reports on ICT and other related aspects
Evaluation and Assessment Criteria
Proposals will be assessed on the following criteria:
- evidence of advanced qualifications in Computer Science
- industry standard certifications
- proven track record of rendering excellent ICT services for a minimum of 10 years
- financial stability evidenced by authentic financial statements for the past 2 years
- compliance with ICT regulations
- proof of registration with ICT industry
- details of five contactable references
- capacity to perform required services
- capacity to provide required personnel
- SOP’S setting out specific duties of service provider and employees
- Experience of managing / implementing IT projects of social sectors including software / solution development, hosting of the solution, providing network services etc.
- Experience of monitoring and managing the ICT infrastructure including database management, hosting servers, network, firewall etc.
- Exceptional understanding and identification of:
- database development and programming
- web technologies
- system designing process
- ICT regulatory requirements in South Africa
- Certified proof of registration of type of entity
- Registration/ Certifications with ICT Industry
- Qualifications of personnel
- Original Valid Tax Clearance Certificate (TCC)
- Black Economic Empowerment (BEE) / Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment (BBBEE) Accreditation Certificate
- Vat Registration document
- Current Client List
- Client references with five contactable references
- Applicants are requested to submit a written expression of interest to the Chief Financial Officer at the AIDS Foundation of South Africa by the close of business on the 18 September 2015.
Expressions of Interest should be emailed to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
A copy of AFSA’s most recent Annual Report for the period ending 31 March 2014 is available as a PDF on the AFSA website: www.aids.org.za.
To view other opportunities, refer to http://www.ngopulse.org/opportunities/other.