Anchor Executive Recruitment
Communications, Stakeholder Relations and Advocacy Officer, Service Organisation
Ref: PSA 125
NPO Market Level Salary
This role in a prominent Non-Profit organisation in the Western Cape, is responsible for the total Public image and Communications to Stakeholders through Marketing, Public Relations and Advocacy. The successful candidate will have a strong background in the NPO sector, wherein negotiation with Government and other stakeholders to lobby issues of importance to the strategy of the organisation.
Ideally you will have the following expertise and skills:
- All brand management including protecting the public image and the organisation’s alignment with strategic priorities
- Develop plans for proactive engagement with external stakeholders and business partners.
- Coordination of all media, including purchasing, press releases, press packs and social media development in the organisation
- Coordinate with Human resources to engage relevant employees for the development of the department
- Engage with internal departments to ensure they support the brands and Communication media programmes
- Research, analyse and report on advocacy issues, and any related priorities with stakeholders
- Manage interns and volunteers when required for various projects.
- Identify opportunities for enhancing the visibility of the organisation both with Stakeholders and new parties
It is essential that you will have a Degree or Advanced Diploma in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or Journalism, and have a minimum of FIVE years of relevant experience in the field and at least two years in the NPO sector. It is very important that you will have been involved in Advocacy work as well, and that you will have initiated various stakeholder programmes to be involved or partner with organisations to mutual benefit. Strong media and graphic design skills are ESSENTIAL as is both ENGLISH and AFRIKAANS, and it is important to have worked in digital media, and to be able to recognise the potential for the use of digital media as a tool for developing the organisation in support of its clients.
Only relevant candidates will receive a response - please read the stipulated points carefully to ensure you meet them