Save the Children International
Regional Programme Officer - Child Rights Governance
Hatfield- Pretoria. Fixed term contract for One year
Save the Children International is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in around 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Programme Management: Responsible for implementing the Thematic Programme on Child Rights Governance and ensuring the achievement of the programme objectives.
- Advocacy and Analysis: Develop a network of external contacts through which to inform and promote our work.
- Relationship management with partners: Responsible for joint planning and ongoing relationship with partner as well as follow-up of agreements with partners. Identification of partner and provide support to partner programme implementation. Monitoring and Evaluation of partner programme activities
- Budget holding: Responsible for developing and managing the programme department budget, including authorising expenditure in line with the budget and scheme of delegation.
- Fundraising: Contribute to developing project proposals, to finance the program.
Qualification and Experience
- University degree in human rights law, law or journalism or other education related to development and human rights.
- At least 6 years qualified work experience.
- Knowledge of and experience in working with children’s rights and human rights.
- Experience in advocacy
- Experience with working closely with Government, community groups, UN agencies and local and international NGOS.
- Strong analytical, conceptual and organisational skills and the ability to work independently.
- Good interpersonal skills: the ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels, taking into account cultural and language difficulties.
- Sound knowledge of publishing, design and printing processes and related information and communication technologies.
- Excellent writing and strong networking skills.
- Driver’s License
Please send cv’s to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 18 September 2015