Trade and Industrial Policy Strategy (TIPS)
Trade & Industrial Policy Strategies (TIPS) is a nonprofit company (NPC) based in Pretoria, South Africa. The organisation facilitates policy development and dialogue in pursuit of sustainable and inclusive growth. TIPS has three main focus areas: Trade and Industrial Policy, Inequality and Economic Inclusion and Sustainable Growth. Its working model integrates research and analysis, policy development, disseminating information, capacity building, technical support, and programme design and management.
TIPS seeks to appoint a Receptionist/Office Administrator, based in Pretoria.
The successful candidate will organise and manage all of the administrative activities that facilitates the smooth running of TIPS reception, office and strategic areas of work.
The Receptionist/ Office Administrator will report directly to the Project Coordinator (Manager).
Starting date: 1 October 2015
- Office Administration
- Answering and screening of all calls via the switchboard; done politely, quickly and efficiently
- Screening of calls
- Taking and forwarding accurate messages to the relevant persons
- First point of contact – meet and greet visitors
- Keeping the reception area tidy at all times
- Updating internal telephone records of all employees contact numbers and job titles
- Informing staff of other staff whereabouts
- Record and handle all incoming and outgoing couriers and postage
- Ordering of office stationary
- Fetching and distributing of incoming post and faxes
- Accurate minute taking during staff meetings
- Assisting with the coordination of meetings, workshops, seminars and conferences
- General provision of administrative support to other departments as required
- Manage office maintenance
- Manage office equipment
- Assisting with binding board and other meetings packs
- Assist in booking staff for external workshops and meetings
- Responsible for boardroom and meeting room bookings
- Grocery shopping & collecting of post
- Stock control of stationery
- IT queries point of contact
- Inventory list/Asset management
- Drop and pick up management to and from meetings
- Security related enquiries
- Finance Support
- Assisting with payment requests, following up invoices and sending proof of payments to clients
- Skills and Abilities
- Excellent documentation and admin control
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to investigate and resolve queries
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Strong efficiency and punctuality
- Good customer service
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good organising skills
- Office Administration Certificate/Diploma
- At least three years’ experience in an office management and administration position
- Drivers licence with own transport
To apply, submit a short CV, a cover letter highlighting your interest for the position and how you match the requirements via e-mail to Natasha at Natasha@tips.org.za
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Competitive remuneration package is on offer.
Please note TIPS is an equal opportunity employer and this position will be filled in accordance with our current Employment Equity practices.
Only applications comprising these four elements will be considered. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed applicants only.
For more about the Trade and Industrial Policy Strategies, refer to www.tips.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ngopulse