Amnesty International-South Africa
Position: Consultant: Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (ESCR) in South Africa.
Fixed term contract to 31 December 2015
Amnesty International-South Africa is seeking to strengthen its work on ESCR rights in South Africa ensuring the realisation of these and other human rights in the country. To achieve this, we are looking to appoint a Consultant to fulfil the following Terms of Reference:
- Develop Project Plan for effective implementation of this project
- Conduct national consultations on the status of Economic, Social and Cultural Rights in South Africa in all provinces
- Engage communities ensuring their voices are heard
- Write a report highlighting key ESCR affecting communities in South Africa
- Highlight recommendations and identify critical areas of intervention where AISA can add value
- Develop an assessment tool for ESCR in South African communities
Master’s degree in Law, Social Sciences, International Relations or related field (must be verifiable) and 3-5 years’ experience in a similar position
Skills and experience:
- 5 years’ experience in the human rights field
- Previous consultancy and/or research experience in a human rights environment
- An understanding of South Africa’s political economy and the human rights landscape
- Working knowledge of government laws, policies and programmes on ESCR
- Experience in conducting public hearings or consultations with diverse communities in a highly unequal society
- Knowledge of other South African languages other than English will be an added advantage
To apply please email a Covering Letter explaining why you qualify for this position and your CV (no qualifications at this stage) to: email@example.com with the subject line clearly indicating the position you are applying for. Closing date: 18 September 2015.
Amnesty International South Africa reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Please note communication will be entered into with shortlisted candidates only.
For more information on these and other opportunities at Amnesty International South Africa visit us at www.amnesty.org.za;
Start date: immediately