Education Development Center
EDC, with funding from USAID, will be implementing the School-Based Sexuality and HIV Prevention Education Activity, a 5-year contract that will support the South African Government to reduce HIV infections in students and teachers by assisting the Department of Basic Education to implement high quality, evidence-informed sexuality and HIV prevention education programs.
EDC is a global nonprofit organization that designs, delivers and evaluates innovative programs to address some of the world’s most urgent challenges in education, health, and economic opportunity. Working with public sector and private partners, we harness the power of people and systems to improve education, health promotion and care, workforce preparation, communications technologies, and civic engagement. Founded in 1958, EDC’s headquarters are located in Waltham, Massachusetts, USA with additional offices in New York City and Washington, DC, Nairobi and Bangkok. EDC implements projects in over 35 countries with more than 1,300 employees worldwide.
EDC is committed to diversity in the workplace.
Position Title: Receptionist
Summary: The Receptionist will support operations for this activity. This position reports to Director of Financial Management and Operations. This position is located in: Pretoria, South Africa.
Essential functions include [but are not limited to]:
- Greet all visitors and employees in a friendly and courteous manner;
- Maintain accurate visitor logs including sign in and out sheet;
- Attend to and direct calls, including mail;
- Receive and announce all visitors and direct them as necessary;
- Route messages and information to appropriate individuals;
- Assist accountant with photocopying of vouchers;
- Type and photocopy as needed;
- Ensure front desk orderliness and professional appearance;
- Preparing boardroom for meetings;
- Interface as appropriate to parties passing through or using the project office
- Perform other duties to assist with overall balance of project workload.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High School diploma, Vocational Training or equivalent;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Basic knowledge of computers and computer software;
- Willingness to learn and to follow directions;
- Typing and filing preferred.
Application and contact details:
Interested, qualified candidates are requested to submit their resumes to EDCSA@edc.org by 16 September 2015. To ensure the timely review of your credentials, please insert “Receptionist” in the subject line of the email or cover letter. Only candidates who are being invited for an interview will be contacted.
EDC is committed to diversity in the workplace. EDC offers a supportive work environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefits package