Symphonia for South Africa
Symphonia for South Africa (SSA) is an NPO working in the Education and Leadership Development sector, with a bold vision: Quality Education for all children in South Africa by 2022.
The Partners for Possibility Programmeme is a bold initiative that works with business leaders and school principals in a year-long programmeme to improve leadership and education in South Africa. The programmeme is supported by hundreds of South African corporations and business leaders as leading edge in its ability to transform leadership in South African schools. Please visit our website for more comprehensive information on the exciting work we are doing.
Symphonia for South Africa seeks to appoint a dynamic, experienced and creative Fundraiser with a passion for education and leadership development, based in Gauteng.
This person will be responsible for the general oversight and day to day operation of all fund development operations including, but not limited to, all fund raising activities, promotion of programme at events, policies and procedures, record keeping, and support for active volunteers. Reporting to the CEO, the fundraiser will spearhead development efforts as Symphonia continues to grow. A new position in the organisation, the person will have the opportunity to build the fund development function and must be willing to own it.
- Plans (with direction from the CEO and core team) and implements all fund development activities of the organisation, including current and planned programmes;
- Build relationships with prospective funders;
- Accept donations from donors and ensures that 18A certificates and thank you letters are sent promptly and according to policy;
- Prepare grant applications to support funding efforts of the organisation;
- Plan and attend all functions of the organisation – including special events for fund raising purposes;
- Prepare reports for the CEO and Board as required;
- Maintain all donor and fund development records;
- Work with appropriate staff and consultants to create all collateral materials for organisation including, but not limited to, brochures, newsletters, special projects, and annual reports;
- Report back on a day to day basis to the CEO and core team and complete all other assignments as required by the CEO.
- Demonstrated excellence in organisational and communication skills; as well as team work;
- Strong understanding of the local and international NGO sector, and fundraising trends;
- Experienced in implementing online fundraising campaigns;
- Be willing to engage with the media and speak at events on behalf of the organisation (for marketing purposes);
- Make risk analyses, balancing time-cost ratios to focus effort on the most appropriate fundraising activities with the highest chance of success.
- Qualification preferably in marketing, communications, fund development, or a related discipline;
- Three to five years in a related field or role; proven track record of success;
- Ability to work independently in a virtual organisation;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing (in English);
- Attention to detail, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, able to create written documents, including funding applications and reports with little oversight;
- Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook);
- Own transportation is required.
To apply, submit a CV (three pages maximum) at email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Note that if you have not received a response within 10 days, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about Symphonia for South Africa, refer to www.symphonia.net.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.