ActionAid is an international anti-poverty agency formed in 1972. We are a partnership between people in poor and rich countries working together to end poverty and injustice. Today we are working with over 15 million of the world’s poorest and excluded people in over 45 countries worldwide to secure their rights to a life free of poverty and injustice, and with the support of half a million donors and supporters.
DIRECTORATE: Campaigns and Policy
Position: Activista Digital Officer
Location: Johannesburg - R22,769 per month or Nairobi – KES 299 961 per month
Duration – Fixed Term Contract – Until 31st December 2015
Local terms and conditions will apply
Purpose of the Role:
Leads the development and roll-out of communication and digital engagement tools and products in Activista in order to build a youth movement, which supports AAI’s campaigning goals.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Edit and innovate Activista’s web presence on actionaid.org and on social media platforms
- Scope out opportunities for tools and platforms that Activista could use to increase the impact and reach of their communications
- Manage the current or new online spaces for internal organising manage the production of the e-newsletter that goes to external and internal stakeholders
- Develop and implement Activista’s digital campaigning plans specifically on the three Multi-country Campaigns (Safe Cities for Women, Tax Power and Land For), in close collaboration with the International Digital Campaigner, the Mobilisation Team and International Communications team.
- Monitoring and evaluation of Activista digital activities and reporting.
- Support Activista events and campaigns using digital communication tools
- Help develop and implement training courses and materials to develop the digital and communications capability of the Activista network.
- Support National Activista networks to develop plans and activities ensuring ongoing development of their digital capabilities
- Help develop and implement a plan to increase the number of young supporters through Activista.
Desired Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will have:
- Relevant degree / Masters or equivalent experience
- Considerable experience in digital campaigning and communication
- At least 3 years campaigning experience with youth.
- Appreciation and ability to work in a multicultural context
- Excellent organisational and analytical skills and in particular the ability to think and operate strategically in a fast changing campaigning environment
- Excellent communicator, with ability to new media to reach out to new youth campaigning audiences.
- Broad understanding of youth campaigning and processes, issues and debates
Applications should be sent with your CV, motivation cover letter by no later than 14th July 2015. You are requested to highlight in the motivation letter how specifically you meet the criteria for this role. Please clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
External Applications send to: email@example.com
Due to high volumes of applications received, we can only correspond with short listed applicants. Should you not have received feedback on your application within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. ActionAid International will not consider candidates from recruitment agencies. We reserve the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.
ActionAid International promotes diversity and welcomes applications from all section of the community.