Association of Water and Rural Development (AWARD)
This fixed-term contract position has opened at the Association of Water and Rural Development (AWARD), an NGO based in Hoedspruit, Limpopo Province. The person in this position will form part of the AWARD team within the USAID RESILIM-Olifants program (RESILIM O), the purpose being to reduce vulnerability through building improved transboundary governance and management of the Olifants Catchment so as to enhance the resilience of its people and ecosystems through systemic and social learning approaches. The post is based at AWARD’s office in Hoedspruit
Job Purpose: To contribute to the implementation related to the USAID: RESILIM-O program particularly under theme 4. The incumbent will support the project team on various activities involving stakeholders in numerous aspects of project implementation.The anticipated duration is 18 months with a possibility for renewal.
Specific tasks include:
Research and Project Implementation Activities:
The incumbent will assist with the following activities:
- Translation both verbally and written as needed (English – Sepedi)
- Assistance implementing the Resilience Analysis Process. This will include activities such as:
- Supporting field data collection activities
- Data entry and analysis
- Scribing or note taking for planning and workshop activities
- Supporting the report writing process
- Using the GIS system to provide spatial analysis
- Supporting the project with literature reviews
- Using system dynamic modelling
- Capturing reflections and evaluations
- Process narration
- Providing assistance in stakeholder profiling of perceptions
- Participation in stakeholder analysis i.e. identify sector, interests and values
- Tracking of practices associated with river basin resilience plans
- Assistance with the design and implementation of communication strategies to build a network of practice and a learning network
- Participate in report writing activities
General Administration Activities: Assist with the following:
- General office maintenance
- Managing group events and meetings calendar
- Typing and filing minutes and notes
- Organise meeting logistics
- Organise field trip logistics
- Reasonable grasp of data generation and analysis techniques
- Good report writing skills
- Fair interpretation of the work plan
Sound Computer skills
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint presentation, Internet explorer etc)
- Outlook or email usage (including calendar settings and invitations)
- Skype set-up for calls or conferencing
- Good grasp of English and Sepedi (knowledge of Shangaan will be an added advantage).
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good writing skills and ability to communicate clearly to all stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Natural Resources management or in an environmental management related discipline.
- Knowledge of project management, administration and logistics a distinctive added advantage
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
Closing date: 10th July 2015.
Candidates who meet the above requirements should forward their CV’s, including at least three contactable references, and certified copies of qualifications to:
The Office Manager
Association for Water and Rural Development (AWARD)
PO Box 1919, Hoedspruit, 1380,
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. If no response has been received within 21 days of the closing date, candidates may consider their applications unsuccessful.
AWARD is committed to fair recruitment and selection practice and shall not discriminate on grounds of race, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, family responsibility, ethnic or social origin, colour, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, conscience, belief, political opinion, culture, language and birth.
AWARD reserves the right to withdraw this advertisement at any time or choose not to fill this position or to employee from within the organization.