Association of Water and Rural Development (AWARD)
This fixed-term contract (18 months) position has opened at the Association for Water and Rural Development (AWARD), an NGO based in Hoedspruit, Limpopo Province. The person in this position will form part of the AWARD team within the USAID: Resilience in the Limpopo River Basin – Olifants Catchment program (USAID RESILIM-O), the purpose being to reduce vulnerability through building improved transboundary governance and management of the Olifants Catchment so as to enhance the resilience of its people and ecosystems through systemic and social learning approaches. The post is based at AWARD’s office in Hoedspruit.
This is a middle to senior management position which includes administrative responsibilities. The Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting and Learning Manager (MERL) Manager will be part of the MERL team supported by the M&E Officer and reporting to the Program Manager.
Overall purpose: Manage all monitoring, evaluation and reporting activities associated with the USAID: RESILIM-O program and contributing to on-going program and organizational learning guided by the Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting and Learning (MERL) framework.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage all USAID: RESILIM-O monitoring, evaluation and reporting activities and contribute to program and organizational learning, guided by the MERL framework and annual work plans
- Contribute to annual strategic planning processes, the ongoing development of a MERL framework (revised annually) and the development of work plans using evidence-based approaches
- Facilitate the strengthening of MERL capacity through technical assistance to staff, sub-grantees and other program partners to ensure appropriate, efficient and effective MERL practices
- Facilitate and oversee the development and maintenance of all program-related data management systems (qualitative and quantitative)
- Facilitate and contribute to the documentation of lessons learned and identification of most appropriate practices in the different project areas including sub-grant projects
- Participate in all internal and external reporting, ensuring that data is readily available as per all the internal and external reporting requirements. Assist in the ongoing improvement and updating of reporting tools. Work closely with the reporting team to ensure all reports are submitted on time, and in the required format.
- Conduct data analysis and provide feedback to programming staff to reflect back key themes/trends to enhance program development
- Conduct internal Routine Data Quality Assessments, and develop action plans to institutionalize most appropriate practices as well as address gaps identified for on-going strengthening of internal MERL practices
- Work closely with researchers and other MERL staff to collect and store program data, lessons learnt and most appropriate practices for internal and external sharing; including most significant stories of change from sub-grantees, program partners, stakeholders, beneficiaries and staff
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelors’ degree in Development related subjects
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in project or program Monitoring and Evaluation, preferably in an NGO environment
- Experience in implementing an organization-wide monitoring and evaluation system
- Understanding of the role of monitoring, evaluation, reflection and reporting in program and organizational learning
- An understanding of USAID monitoring and evaluation systems would be a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy;
- Ability to liaise with project partners;
- Teamwork and collaboration;
- Computer literacy and knowledge of office software packages (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Planning and project management skills;
- Fluency in English (read, write, understand);
- Preference will be given to persons that have experience in working in an NGO environment;
- Valid driver’s licence (EB);
- Willingness to travel.
Closing date: 10th July, 2015.
Candidates who meet the above requirements should forward their CV’s, including at least three contactable references, and certified copies of qualifications via email to the attention of:
The Office Manager, Association for Water and Rural Development (AWARD)
PO Box 1919, Hoedspruit, 1380, Tel. 015-7930503
AWARD is committed to fair recruitment and selection practices and shall not discriminate on grounds of race, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, family responsibility, ethnic or social origin, colour, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, conscience, belief, political opinion, culture, language and birth.
AWARD reserves the right to withdraw this advertisement at any time or choose not to fill this position or to employ from within the organization.