Thembalethu Care Organisation
Thembalethu, meaning ’our hope’ in isiZulu, is a community-based South African nonprofit organisation dedicated to caring for the community in the midst of the HIV/AIDS pandemic and crushing poverty. TCO works to share the hope we have with the sick, orphaned and vulnerable in the Amangwe community.
Thembalethu Care seeks to appoint a Community Based Social Worker.
Social Worker to serve with a NPO working in a deep rural community in the beautiful KZN Drakensberg mountains - caring for the sick, orphaned and vulnerable and supporting community empowerment.
Thembalethu Care provide care to the sick, orphaned and vulnerable throughout Amangwe Tribal Area - the Injesuthi Valley of the KZN Central Drakensberg (outside Estcourt). www.ourhope.org.za.
- To promote social change, problem solving in human relationships and the empowerment and liberation of people to enhance social well-being in Amangwe Tribal Area (Loskop);
- To work in a team offering quality, holistic care to the orphaned and vulnerable children and palliative patients of Thembalethu Care Organisation – including care for the physical, psycho-social, spiritual and emotional needs of patients and their families.
- Registered with South African Council for Social Service Professions as a Social Worker;
- Valid driver's licence;
- Fluency in isiZulu and English;
- Motivated, emotionally mature individual with a professional attitude;
- Understanding of the South African social welfare context and the policy and practice of developmental social welfare services;
- Some management experience advantageous.
To apply, a submit CV, including current or most recent job description, and describe any community-based experience, a copy of your current qualifications and licence, a copy of your current or most recent salary advice and contact details for three traceable references to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 086 647 3346.
Enquiries: Betsy, Tel: 063 007 5416.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about Thembalethu Care, refer to www.ourhope.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.