Islamic Relief is an independent humanitarian and development organisation with a presence in over 40 countries around the globe. We have been fighting poverty and injustice for 30 years, in a world in which over three billion people still live in poverty, by providing access basic services, including education, water and sanitation, and healthcare.
The Funds and Communications department within Islamic Relief is the lifeblood of the organisation, which ensures that Islamic Relief’s brand is effectively communicated externally, and that funds are secured in order to ensure that the objectives of the organisation can be achieved. The candidate is required to have knowledge of the Fundraising element within the NGO sector.
- To develop and implement strategies to increase the funding income of Islamic Relief through a range of fundraising initiatives and through acquisition and retention of volunteer fundraising team & supporters.
- Manage IRSA Branding and Communications department
- Public Relations
- Element of regional management
- Degree or higher in Fundraising or Communications associated subjects is highly desirable.
- Public Relations degree would also be a major advantage.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- Proven experience of managing and motivating staff and/or volunteers at a senior level
- Senior level experience of successfully setting, managing and delivering on targets
- Proven experience of gathering, analysing and interpreting information to represent an organisation at junior and senior levels
- Proven experience in senior management role and ability to manage people
- Substantial experience in marketing, branding and media and marketing
- Proven experience in leading coordinating and providing support to cross functional project teams
- Good knowledge of traditional and non-traditional Fundraising models
Location: Cape Town and Johannesburg
Please forward your CV to: Recruitment@islamic-relief.org.za
Application close on Wednesday 8th of July 2015
Regret, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Islamic Relief reserves the right to withdraw vacancies