Save the Children International
Save the Children International is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in around 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
Key Areas of Accountability
- In collaboration with the CSE&I team coordinate the development and implementation of the comprehensive and integrated advocacy strategy for the CSE&I project.
- Support the popularisation and operationalization of the Minimum Package of Service for Orphans and Vulnerable Children and Youth in SADC.
- Support the development, adoption and implementation of SADC Minimum Standards for the Integration of Children and adolescent focused on SRHR and HIV.
- Engage with Ministries and sectors responsible for children and youth, regional and national youth led- organizations and civil society organizations that promote child and youth work, to effectively advocate for child and youth SRHR and HIV issues.
- Coordinate and organise advocacy platforms – media round tables, advocacy dialogues and trainings.
- Support the regional partners to ensure effective implementation and grants are managed according to agreed procedures.
- Assist with the monitoring and evaluation of the impact of CSE/I’s advocacy work.
Qualification and Experience
- University degree in Social Sciences or a related field with at least 6 years qualified work experience in policy and advocacy programme interventions across countries and regions.
- Knowledge of and experience in Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights with a focus on Comprehensive Sexuality Education and children’s rights
- Excellent writing skills and experience in drafting reports and programme documents.
- Experience in partner sub-grant management and reporting.
- Experience with working closely with Government, community groups, UN agencies, SADC and local and international NGOs.
- Good interpersonal skills: the ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels, taking into account cultural and language difficulties ,networking skills, influencing and negotiating skills for engaging with a wide variety of contacts.
- Good conceptual and analytical skills
- Good administration and organisational skills and ability to optimise independent use of time against variable workload.
- Sound knowledge of publishing, design and printing processes and related information and communication technologies. .
- Driver’s License.
- Experience in fundraising activities is beneficial
- Understanding of and experience in project cycle management is beneficial
Please send cv’s to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 10 July 2015