University of Limpopo Trust
Terms of Reference
Job title: Part time Consultancy work in Neonatal care and Paediatrics; Mentoring and Health System support to districts and provinces and the Development of e-learning materials in Paediatrics, Neonatal care and Child Health.
Location: Polokwane, Limpopo, but e-learning work will be off site, and support to rural districts will be in facilities in the various provinces.
Contract period: For Specific tasks from July 2015 - December 2017
Remuneration: Competitive, to be discussed with the selected candidate (s)
The Limpopo Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Centre of Excellence (University of Limpopo Trust), based in Polokwane is receiving support from UNICEF, to implement the National Newborn Care strategy and from ELMA Philanthropies to implement innovative solutions to improve maternal, newborn and paediatric care in Limpopo. Consultant (s) (paediatrician/doctor/nurse) with relevant paediatric/neonatal experience is/are required on a consultancy basis to undertake the following:
- To provide support to districts and district hospitals to implement the national newborn care strategy
- To adapt Paediatric and Newborn care learning materials for e-learning platforms
- To assist with updates and communication to health care providers using the web and other communication platforms.
Objective of the consultancy
To provide mentorship in newborn care to DCST in selected rural provinces and to take the lead in developing training material for the e-learning platform of the Limpopo Maternal Newborn and Child Health Centre of Excellence Resource Centre based in Polokwane, Limpopo.
Scope of work
- Supporting District Clinical Specialist Team (DCST) members and facility managers to identifying bottlenecks in newborn care.
- Supporting DCST and facility managers to develop action plans to address identified bottlenecks
- Support DCST and facility managers to analyse and interpret data/indicators
- Support DCST and facility managers to advocate for improved newborn care services
- Support the provinces to implement the provincial newborn care implementation plan
- Support monitoring and evaluation of newborn care outcomes at facility, district and provincial level
- Contribute to progress report writing
- Adapting and developing training, modules and resources for maternal, newborn and paediatric care for the e-learning platform
- Developing pre- and post- MCQ for modules where required in e-learning format
- Coordinating uploading of all e-learning material on the e-learning platform
- Quality assurance (QA) of the e-learning platform
Competencies and qualifications
- Experience in paediatrics and newborn care as a doctor or nurse.
- An understanding of health systems and monitoring and evaluation
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills
- Writing skills
- Skills in developing training material
- IT skills, working on a variety of platforms.
To Apply: Please submit the following documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with "Consultancy work in Paediatrics and newborn care – Limpopo MNCH Centre of Excellence" in the subject line:
- Cover Letter
Kindly indicate where you heard/saw the position.
Closing date: Friday, 17th July 2015