Stop Hunger Now SA
Stop Hunger Now SA (SHN SA) is a non-profit organisation with branches in Johannesburg and Cape Town and a new branch scheduled to open in Durban during July. It has as its mission, to end hunger in South Africa through the implementation of a results oriented nutrition programme by connecting the resourced community with nutritionally vulnerable individuals, and to respond to disaster situations in which basic food security is threatened.
The organisation’s strategic objectives are to achieve continual growth in the number of meals provided per day for national distribution through inclusive strategic partnerships between government, corporations, foundations, civic and ecumenical communities, non-profit organisations and private individuals.
SHN SA is seeking a dynamic, adaptable person to fill the following position in the organisation, based at its Head Office in Johannesburg, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, and which will become effective from the 1st September 2015.
In the post of National Events & Sales Manager, the successful candidate will assist the Chief Executive Officer to oversee, process and co-ordinate all events relating to Stop Hunger Now SA. Identify and procure Meal Packaging Events by selling the program to Corporates as an Employee Volunteer, Teambuilding and/or Wellbeing Programme.
Key responsibilities for the position:
Meal Packaging Events:
- Handles all enquiries regarding meal packaging, teambuilding and promotional events.
- Sends out all relevant quotations, information packs and correspondence for events.
- Liaises with the client regarding all relevant event information (including venue details, number of volunteers, number of production lines and equipment available in order to have a successful event etc.)
- Attends donor meetings set up by her/himself and as required by the CEO/Johannesburg Branch Manager.
- Completes all required information for the Memorandum of Understanding between SHN SA and the client.
- Prepares proposals for submission to donors.
- Follows -up on payments, both internally and externally before an event.
- Processes all relevant information pertaining to events to the relevant departments (procurement and finance).
- Monitors progress of arrangements with the donor organiser/ coordinator for the event, together with the Branch Manager/s
- Books and confirms an Event Facilitator for each event.
- Oversees all arrangements and paperwork for each event from beginning to end as per SHN SA policies and procedures.
- Receives and documents cash donations as per policy from Event Facilitator and hands over to Finance and Administration Manager.
- Notes any irregularities that may have occurred during an event as reported by the Facilitator and escalates to the Branch Manager for Corrective Action, where appropriate.
- Sends thank you note and pictures of event to the donor and also prepares a write up of the event for social networking sites i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and the SHN SA website
Sales, Marketing and Public Relations:
- Assists in promoting events at all times linking to specific public/other special days e.g. World Hunger Day, etc. utilising media, promotional events, social media, etc.
- Provides marketing material and merchandise for each event.
- Controls and monitors marketing material required for events.
- Oversees the posting of regular social media and website posts regarding events and activities.
- Submit posts, upcoming event information and news articles for placement on the website.
- Researches potential new donors for meal packaging events and other funding as well as arrange meetings to present SHN SA to these funders, in order to solicit and secure funding.
Qualifications, skills and experience required will include, but not be limited to:
- A relevant tertiary qualification (preferably in Sales/Marketing)
- Excellent communication skills in English (both verbal and written).
- Excellent presentation skills and experience in negotiating at high levels in the corporate environment to promote the organisation.
- An extensive knowledge of the NGO sector and particularly the fundraising sector, with a minimum 5 years’ experience in fund raising & marketing.
- Willingness to work outside regular working hours.
- A high level of computer literacy (Microsoft Office).
- A broad understanding of social media platforms and how to integrate this understanding into the organisation’s communication and marketing strategy.
- Self-starter who is motivated, energetic and enthusiastic.
- Good ability to analyse situations with strong problem solving skills.
We further expect that the applicant is motivated by a passion for eradicating hunger and would be driven by this desire.
The applicant must be medically fit, and possession of a valid driver’s licence is essential.
Possession of a Code 10 licence would be an advantage, otherwise the applicant must be prepared to obtain one after suitable training.
A basic salary of R 360 000 pa, plus bonus scheme participation and Provident Fund is envisaged.
Closing dates for applications is the 30th June 2015. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Please address your CV and three contactable references to:
Director- Stop Hunger Now Southern Africa
Tel (Mobile): +27 (0)72 294 7444
Fax: +27 (0)86 276 2039