Stop Hunger Now SA
Stop Hunger Now SA (SHN SA) is a non-profit organisation with branches in Johannesburg and Cape Town and a new branch scheduled to open in Durban shortly. It has as its mission, to end hunger in South Africa through the implementation of a results oriented nutrition program by connecting the resourced community with nutritionally vulnerable individuals, and to respond to disaster situations in which basic food security is threatened.
The organisation’s strategic objectives are to achieve continual growth in the number of meals provided per day for national distribution through inclusive strategic partnerships between government, corporations, foundations, civic and ecumenical communities, non-profit organisations and private individuals.
SHN SA is seeking a dynamic, adaptable person to fill the position of Events Coordinator at its Head Office in Johannesburg. The incumbent will report to the Johannesburg Branch Manager and the appointment is effective from the 1st September 2015.
In the post of Events Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing, processing and coordinating all meal packaging events relating to Stop Hunger Now SA.
Key responsibilities for the position:
Meal Packaging Events:
- Handle all enquiries regarding packing, teambuilding and promotion events
- Send out all relevant quotations, information packs and correspondence for events
- Liaise with the client regarding all relevant event information (including venue details, number of volunteers, number of production lines and equipment available in order to have a successful event etc.)
- Attend donor meetings as required by the CEO/Branch Manager.
- Be responsible for completing all required information for the MOU and having it signed off by the client.
- Be responsible for following up on payment before event.
- Process all relevant information pertaining to events to the relevant departments (procurement and finance).
- Monitor progress of arrangements with the donor organiser for the event, such as payments made, change in numbers, running order etc.
- Book and confirm an Events Facilitator for each event.
- Oversee all arrangements and paperwork for each event from beginning to end.
- Receive and document cash donations as per policy from event facilitator and hand over to Finance and Administration Manager.
- Note any irregularities from event Facilitator during the event and escalate to Branch Manager where appropriate.
- Follow up on new volunteers by checking volunteer register from latest event and contact new volunteers to encourage participation.
- Assist in promoting events wherever possible. Media, social media, promotional events etc.
- Provide marketing material and merchandise for each event.
- Control and monitor marketing material required for events.
- Oversee the posting of regular Facebook posts regarding events and activities.
- Submit posts, upcoming event information and news articles for placement on the website.
- Research new donors for meal packaging events and other funding as well as set up meetings and present SHN-SA to these funders to solicit funding.
It is desirable that the applicant fulfils the following competencies. Qualifications, skills and experience required will include, but not be limited to:
- Relevant degree / diploma in marketing, PR/Event management.
- Proven office administration skills.
- Marketing experience.
- Excellent communication skills in English (both verbal and written).
- A high level of computer literacy (Microsoft Office; Word & Excel).
- A Self-starter who is motivated, energetic and enthusiastic.
We further expect that the applicant is motivated by a passion for eradicating hunger and would be driven by this desire.
A valid Code 8 driver’s licence (manual) is essential.
A basic salary of R182 400 pa, plus bonus scheme participation and Provident Fund is envisaged.
Closing date for applications is the 30th June 2015. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Please address your CV and three contactable references to:
Director- Stop Hunger Now Southern Africa
Tel (Mobile): +27 (0)72 294 7444
Fax: +27 (0)86 276 2039