Stop Hunger Now SA
Stop Hunger Now SA (SHN SA) is a non-profit organisation with branches in Johannesburg and Cape Town and a new branch scheduled to open in Durban during July. It has as its mission, to end hunger in South Africa through the implementation of a results oriented nutrition program by connecting the resourced community with nutritionally vulnerable individuals, and to respond to disaster situations in which basic food security is threatened.
The organisation’s strategic objectives are to achieve continual growth in the number of meals provided per day for national distribution through inclusive strategic partnerships between government, corporations, foundations, civic and ecumenical communities, non-profit organisations and private individuals.
SHN SA is seeking a dynamic, adaptable person to fill the position of Administration and Finance Manager in the organisation. The position is based at its Head Office in Johannesburg, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, and which will become effective from the 01 September 2015.
In the post of Administration & Finance Manager, the successful candidate will assist the Chief Executive Officer by providing financial and administrative support utilising guidelines from the SHN SA Financial Manuals (FM), SHN SA policies and procedures, Generally Accepted Accounting practices (GAAP) and Internationally Accepted Standards (IAS).
Key responsibilities for the position:
- Produce monthly Financial Reports for SHN SA.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are in accordance with SHN SA financial policies, guidelines, and internal controls and minimize risk exposure and losses for the office.
- Preparation of financial statements for the annual audits working with the CEO and auditors.
- Ensure financial systems and controls are in place together with the CEO.
- Manage processes to record & reconcile expenses against income and provide regular management reporting.
- Advise the CEO on the monthly budget trend analysis and budget projections for all branches in order to mitigate potential budget overruns.
- Ensure that Head Office and Branch spending is within the budget guidelines.
- Assist the CEO with the drafting and managing the operational budget.
- Ensure implementation of internal controls and compliance to ensure that SHN SA does not violate stewardship in program delivery.
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Ensure invoices are prioritised according to cash discount potential and payment terms.
- Reconcile and process credit card, petty cash and petrol card statements.
- Ensure all vendor inquiries are attended to.
- Control month-end closing.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with SHN SA policy.
- Print and put on file monthly statement of accounts.
- Carry out billing, collection and reporting activities according to specific deadlines.
- Perform account reconciliations.
- Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities.
- Investigate and resolve customer/sponsor queries.
- Prepare & send invoices to debtors as required, follow up debtors, maintain expected payment dates in cash flow spreadsheet, receive & record payments.
- Perform all salary and payroll functions including EMP 201 and IRP5 reporting.
- Process payslips and EMP201, IRP5 reports and other payroll reports.
- Salary increments implementation following authorisation from the CEO.
- Review monthly payrolls before payment to ensure accuracy, proper charging to cost centre and compliance to SARS regulations and internal HR policies.
- Provide all staff with salary advices by the 25th of each month.
- Direct Provident Fund administration of processing monthly contributions via the Liberty Corporate Connect payroll.
- Review monthly contributions before payment to ensure accuracy
- Print and put on file monthly statement of accounts.
- Monthly reconciliation of the insurance list to ensure only relevant assets are on the list and ensure the monthly premium is a true reflection of asset on the list.
- Maintain the fixed asset register which must be regularly updated
- Recommend to CEO any updates to accounting policies related to fixed assets.
- Recommend to CEO whether fixed assets should be disposed of.
- Conduct analyses related to fixed assets as requested by CEO.
- Prepare audit schedules relating to fixed assets, and assist the auditors in their inquiries.
- Add new assets to the list, remove assets past their useful life, disposed/lost from the list.
- Track SHN SA expenditures for fixed assets in comparison to the capital budget and CEO authorisations.
- Issue section 18A certificates to sponsors/donors.
- Send compliance documents to sponsors/donors as and when required.
Qualifications, skills and experience required will include, but not be limited to:
- Possession of a B. Comm (Hons) degree or equivalent financial qualification with a minimum of five years’ experience in finance and administration.
- Advanced knowledge of financial systems (eg. Pastel) and also Microsoft Office.
- The ability to work under stress.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strategic thinking ability.
- Decision making ability.
- Ability to work as part of management team to ensure work outputs are delivered.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written.
We further expect that the applicant is motivated by a passion for eradicating hunger and would be driven by this desire.
The applicant must be medically fit, and possession of a valid driver’s licence is essential.
A basic salary of R 318 000 plus bonus scheme participation and Provident Fund is envisaged.
(Applications from Retired Accountants Prepared To Accept a Half-Day, Full Time Position Will Also Be Favourably Considered).
Closing dates for applications is the 30th June 2015. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Please address your CV and three contactable references to:
Director- Stop Hunger Now Southern Africa
Tel (Mobile): +27 (0)72 294 7444
Fax: +27 (0)86 276 203